Boxer Driving me NUTS ~!

Old September 27th 05, 08:49 PM
Joshuall

Default Boxer Driving me NUTS ~!

We have a boxer pup going on 5 months. For last month he's been house
trained . . . well nearly. .. an occasional ..ooops. Now all of a sudden
over the last few weeks he's regressed and all he does is crap IN THE
HOUSE!. I can let the little son of a gun outside for hours after he eats
or when he gets up in the a.m. but.. ...he'll walk right inside and crap all
over the house. He's really aggravating the hell out of me. I'm tired of
cleaning up his crap and the house smelling like a barnyard. What to do ?
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old September 27th 05, 10:07 PM
Tee

"Joshuall" wrote in message
We have a boxer pup going on 5 months. For last month he's been house
trained . . . well nearly. .. an occasional ..ooops. Now all of a sudden
over the last few weeks he's regressed and all he does is crap IN THE
HOUSE!. I can let the little son of a gun outside for hours after he eats
or when he gets up in the a.m. but.. ...he'll walk right inside and crap
all over the house. He's really aggravating the hell out of me. I'm tired
of cleaning up his crap and the house smelling like a barnyard. What to do
? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Start over from scratch and retrain him like he's a puppy. Take him
outside, order him to go "potty", give him a ton of praise and a treat when
he does so.

He may have been bitten on the butt while trying to poop outside recently
and its spooked him into only going inside. He needs a happy, trusting,
patient adult to take him out and be with him then explain how wonderful he
is when he does what you want.

--
Tara

Old September 27th 05, 11:30 PM

Yeah, just be patient, he will get it again. Don't punish him, tho, when he
does use the bathroom in the house. I always tell people in puppy class
that it is NEVER the dog's fault when they have an accident, so you
accomplish nothing by punishing them.
Amy

Old September 29th 05, 01:24 AM
Spot

I have to agree with Tee on this tone. It's time to start over something
has spooked him I'd bet.

I ended up having to do the same thing with Lady about two months ago after
it seemed like the house breaking was over with. Sometimes they just need a
refresher course. In Ladys case it was more our fault than hers. Mike
wasn't paying attention to her when she needed out and making her wait.
He's now knows when she has to go it's a case of I have to go
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait 15 minutes.

Celeste