Maui *loves* getting his teeth brushed!

Old September 28th 05, 02:27 AM
MauiJNP

Default Maui *loves* getting his teeth brushed!

All it took was some helpful reinforcement (by some people here) and some
trial and error. Now Maui *loves* getting his teeth brushed. I threw away
the old brush and beef flavored toothpaste and got a peanut flavored
toothpaste and a finger toothbrush with massaging tips. He also gets held
differently which helps too. Anyway, he sees me get out the toothpaste and
brush and runs over to me (not away from me). He gets to lick some of the
toothpaste first, then gets one side brushed, gets a treat, gets other side
brushed, gets a treat, gets front teeth brushed and then get to lick the
rest of the toothpaste off the brush. The whole process takes less than one
minute. It's great!

So, to those of you (you should know who you are) that helped me find a
different way of getting the job done more pleasantly, I say "THANKS". I
don't know why I didn't think of tweaking the process earlier, I guess I
just thought he'd never like it no matter what I did, boy was I wrong!
Thanks again!

Young dog's teeth simons5628 Dog health 1 May 25th 05 03:49 AM
Teeth Cleaning Marcel Beaudoin Dog health 10 February 16th 05 09:45 AM
How to treat dog's receding gums and loose teeth? [email protected] Dog health 5 December 22nd 04 02:44 PM
Cleaning teeth Linda Dog behavior 8 November 3rd 03 06:25 AM
Teeth Cleaning Grinder Dog health 30 July 29th 03 07:26 AM