Dog eats grass - gets sick almost daily - Vet said he is OK

Old September 28th 05, 07:08 PM
buzzsaw

Default Dog eats grass - gets sick almost daily - Vet said he is OK

Max has been eating grass and then throwing up. He does this a few
times a week, but only once per the day. Usually after he is woke up
and let out in the afternoon. After he initially gets sick he no
longer eats the grass.

I took him to the vet, and they told me what I knew - dog may have
upset stomach or indigestion and eats the grass to throw up.

There is nothing in the puke that I can see besides grass blades and
like a stomach vile - it is usually almost urine yellow in color.
Afterwards he seems to be ok.

He appetite is good and he has not lost weight and is not lethargic.
Vet said it is nothing to worry about and has nothing to test for. He
is heartworm negative and on preventative.

I am not sure what else to do.

Any advise is appreciated.

Old September 28th 05, 07:23 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"buzzsaw" wrote in news:1127930893.860008.121020
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

There is nothing in the puke that I can see besides grass blades and
like a stomach vile - it is usually almost urine yellow in color.
Afterwards he seems to be ok.

When does Max eat? Moogli will sometimes get the empty stomach urka-gurkas
if he doesn't eat in the evening. What he throws up is a yellow bile. Of
course, once he has finished, he goes to his bowl and eats.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old September 28th 05, 07:53 PM
Rocky

"buzzsaw" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

There is nothing in the puke that I can see besides grass
blades and like a stomach vile - it is usually almost urine
yellow in color. Afterwards he seems to be ok.

Puking yellow bile is usually OK. Does he do this on an empty
stomach? If it's always in the morning, consider giving Max a
snack before bedtime.

Old September 29th 05, 02:21 AM
buzzsaw

Thank you all ... yes it is usually on an empty stomach now that I think
about it.

From: Marty Wallace AKA Oscar firec3medic Dog behavior 3 March 1st 05 06:09 AM
Dog Eating Grass Atom1 Dog behavior 30 April 4th 04 08:01 PM
Dog Eating Grass Atom1 Dog behavior 0 April 3rd 04 10:12 AM
Dangers lurking in the grass diddy Dog health 12 August 20th 03 01:21 AM
Dangers lurking in the grass diddy Dog health 0 August 17th 03 04:16 AM