Pictures o' the Day

Old October 6th 05, 02:29 PM

Default Pictures o' the Day

from last weekend, harriet, being cute and sleepy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/49770796/

pandora, Queen of Bones (don't tell harriet):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/49918859/

and, a foggy morning picture from last week:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/49918857/

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old October 6th 05, 02:40 PM
ceb

shelly wrote in
arble.net:

from last weekend, harriet, being cute and sleepy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/49770796/

pandora, Queen of Bones (don't tell harriet):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/49918859/

and, a foggy morning picture from last week:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/49918857/

Nice pix, thanks for posting. Harriet is so cute! And so is Pandora.

I like the foggy morning picture too.

I am going to have to take some pix of my girls frolicking in our newly-
fenced backyard. How did I live without it???

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old October 6th 05, 03:16 PM
Judy

"ceb" wrote in message
I am going to have to take some pix of my girls frolicking in our newly-
fenced backyard. How did I live without it???

Fencing in the backyard is without a doubt one of the best things we ever
did. Our fenced area is slightly larger than 120 x 120. Larger than you
would think you'd need for schnauzers but when they do those
butt-tuck-zoomies they use every square inch.

I would give up my dishwasher and my self-cleaning oven before I would give
up that fenced yard.

~~Judy

Old October 6th 05, 03:18 PM

on 2005-10-06 at 13:40 wrote:

Nice pix, thanks for posting. Harriet is so cute! And so is
Pandora.

I like the foggy morning picture too.

thank you. there's a creek that runs through the valley, so
we get a lot of local fog, even when it's clear everywhere
else. it didn't really show up in the photo, but the fog that
morning was actually a rosy pink color, from the sunrise. it
was one of the weirdest things i've ever seen.

I am going to have to take some pix of my girls frolicking in
our newly- fenced backyard. How did I live without it???

aaah! i remember that feeling. it's not like taking the dogs
out on-lead was a huge pain in my behindermost bits or
anything, but being able to just open the door was a relief.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old October 6th 05, 03:51 PM
Suja

shelly wrote:
from last weekend, harriet, being cute and sleepy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/49770796/

pandora, Queen of Bones (don't tell harriet):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/49918859/

and, a foggy morning picture from last week:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/49918857/

Yaknow, the dogs always seem to choose some odd and none too comfy
looking positions to sleep in. And Harriet always manages to look a
little put out when she has to pose for the camera when she just wants
to take a nap.

BTW, I didn't notice the dust until you pointed it out (never claimed to
be Martha Stewart), 'cause I was too busy trying to figure out what
books you had on those shelves.

Suja
Old October 6th 05, 03:59 PM

on 2005-10-06 at 10:51 wrote:

Yaknow, the dogs always seem to choose some odd and none too
comfy looking positions to sleep in.

how do they do it? i can't imagine twisting myself up into a
pretzel or hanging my head off/propping it up the way dogs do.

And Harriet always manages to look a little put out when she
has to pose for the camera when she just wants to take a nap.

that's because she *is* just a little put out.

BTW, I didn't notice the dust until you pointed it out (never
claimed to be Martha Stewart), 'cause I was too busy trying
to figure out what books you had on those shelves.

ha! that shelf is mostly stuff i picked up at thrift stores
and yard sales, with the intent of cutting them up for
collage. let's see. there's an atlas of world history, a
couple of books on native american art, some books of celtic
art, the Last Whole Earth Cataloger, a cheesy 1970s book on
childbirth (great fetus photography!), Hartt's History of the
Italian Renaissance (not for cutting up), and The Poky Little
Puppy's First Christmas (also not for cutting up).

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old October 6th 05, 04:02 PM
ceb

"Judy" wrote in
:

"ceb" wrote in message
I am going to have to take some pix of my girls frolicking in our
newly- fenced backyard. How did I live without it???

Fencing in the backyard is without a doubt one of the best things we
ever did.

I mean, really! Worth every penny. I have 2 decks on my house and was
really not using either one of them because I always want the dogs around
when I'm at home and they couldn't really hang with me outside without
being on leashes. So not only do they have more room for frolicking, but
I can finally enjoy one of the nicest features of my house!

Our fenced area is slightly larger than 120 x 120. Larger
than you would think you'd need for schnauzers but when they do those
butt-tuck-zoomies they use every square inch.

I saw Queenie get the zoomies for the first time the other night. I've
had her off leash, hiking, before and seen her run very very fast, but
never that crazy zoomie thing -- the house isn't big enough (although Zoe
can do the zoomies in the house). It was quite a stitch. She frequently
has a maniacal look in her eye, but this was even more maniacal than
usual.

I would give up my dishwasher and my self-cleaning oven before I would
give up that fenced yard.

I know just how you feel (although I personally don't want to return to
non-dishwasher life).

Old October 6th 05, 04:03 PM
ceb

shelly wrote in
arble.net:

I am going to have to take some pix of my girls frolicking in
our newly- fenced backyard. How did I live without it???

aaah! i remember that feeling. it's not like taking the dogs
out on-lead was a huge pain in my behindermost bits or
anything, but being able to just open the door was a relief.

I agree, I never really minded taking them out, but this is so much better!
Of course, I still have to go out there with them in the rain, or Queenie
will not move from the deck.

Old October 6th 05, 04:20 PM

on 2005-10-06 at 15:03 wrote:

I agree, I never really minded taking them out, but this is
so much better!

getting to watch mad butt-tuck zippy-zoomies is *well* worth
the price of fencing. that's some damnfine entertainment,
isn't it?

Of course, I still have to go out there with them in the
rain, or Queenie will not move from the deck.

ha! so i'm not the only one? harriet melts in the rain and
freezes in the cold. i guess, when it's a cold rain, she
melts and freezes at the same time. some trick, eh?

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old October 6th 05, 04:45 PM
Suja

shelly wrote:

getting to watch mad butt-tuck zippy-zoomies is *well* worth
the price of fencing. that's some damnfine entertainment,
isn't it?

Khan's basically stopped doing zoomies in the yard. He saves it all up
for the dog park, where he could wreak havoc by running by, through and
around the four legged. He is nice enough to judiciously avoid running
into the humans, although the dogs chasing after him aren't quite that
courteous.

His favorite bitch at the moment is a speedy, agile, high octane Husky
mix. She's quite happy to play WWF with him, and seemingly loves
sitting on his face, and dragging him about when he obligingly rolls
over for her (great progress here, because she was initially afraid of
him, but played too rough for just about everyone else). They have this
little ritual, where she would speed off, line up while Khan waits for
her tail wagging, run up to him full tilt, and then jump over him, at
which point he sets off in hot pursuit, chasing her down and teaching
the evil wench a few lessons. A couple of days back, just as she was
taking off over him, Khan reared up a bit, in an attempt to grab her.
It upended Luna, who went ass over teakettle. You should've seen the
expression on her face.

Suja

Zoe pictures ceb Dog behavior 0 October 13th 04 08:18 PM
Zoe pictures ceb Dog behavior 0 October 13th 04 08:18 PM
New Pictures shelly Dog behavior 114 August 17th 04 08:09 PM
New Pictures shelly Dog behavior 0 August 13th 04 09:52 PM
Pictures! Suja Dog behavior 0 November 11th 03 07:13 PM