Somewhat OT cremation

Old October 7th 05, 04:06 PM
The One

Default Somewhat OT cremation

Any information on cremations on "pick ups" from vets, or by local
animal control ? I belong to several pet health groups and have noticed
that scads of people who spend big money on care for just a few months
extra life with adverse reactions to drugs hand their belved friends
over to vets and animal control for cremation. When they get back the
ashes they assume it is the remains of their animal. This is too
sensitive a question to ask on those boards so I`ll try here. I would
never do anything but use my own animal cemetary for cremation ( the
one I`ve used will allow you to view the process if desired) , the one
dog I`ve had who died had a formal burial in my backyard, I may consider
cremation for my other animals, but I`d never trust "the system" to do
anything but do group cremations no matter what anyone might say . Any
insight into whether ashes returned from vets or animal control pick ups
are truly those of just one animal. SD

Old October 7th 05, 04:52 PM
WienerDog

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:06:28 -0400, (The One)
barked the following message:

[...]

Hello TimeMixer, stay away from veterinarians and animal control who
do cremations. They use shady corrupt pet crematories and I do not
favor them. Call a pet cemetery/crematory/funeral home combination
that has a good reputation and ask for the information on private pet
cremations. Look under the Pet Cemetery & Crematories listing in the
Yellow Pages.

Backyard burial is not an option. If I were you, I would suggest that
you remove your backyard pet cemetery because you might be breaking
the law as you know the city/town you live in makes it illegal to bury
pets on personal property. You should cremate them right away. Reason
is, when you sell your house and property and move, the next people
who move in might disturb the backyard pet cemetery by digging it up.
Old October 7th 05, 04:54 PM
Janet B

On 7 Oct 2005 15:25:38 GMT, Rocky , clicked their
heels and said:

Any
insight into whether ashes returned from vets or animal
control pick ups are truly those of just one animal.

I've heard that pet cremations often occur for multiple smaller
animals at a time. When I had 70 pound Murphy cremated, because
of her size, the odds were that she'd be cremated on her own,
but I still paid extra to be sure that this was done.

the shelter I work with does individuals (for a fee), large or small.
Very careful about the proper remains being returned to the owner.
As far as vets sending out, who knows. That's why I have someone I
trust do it.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old October 7th 05, 05:26 PM
Janet B

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:52:43 -0400, WienerDog
, clicked their heels and said:

Hello TimeMixer, stay away from veterinarians and animal control who
do cremations. They use shady corrupt pet crematories and I do not
favor them.

a little overgeneralization, no? The shelter I work with (not an
animal control) has an on-site crematory - no sending out.

Old October 7th 05, 05:53 PM

on 2005-10-07 at 11:52 wrote:

Hello TimeMixer, stay away from veterinarians and animal
control who do cremations. They use shady corrupt pet
crematories and I do not favor them.

that's a ludicrously large brush you're painting with!

Call a pet cemetery/crematory/funeral home combination that
has a good reputation and ask for the information on private
pet cremations. Look under the Pet Cemetery & Crematories
listing in the Yellow Pages.

yeah, *that's* a way to find a responsible crematorium.

Backyard burial is not an option.

whew! i guess it's a good thing that elliott is buried in my
side yard.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old October 7th 05, 07:08 PM
Sharon

Any information on cremations on "pick ups" from vets, or by local
animal control ? I belong to several pet health groups and have noticed
that scads of people who spend big money on care for just a few months
extra life with adverse reactions to drugs hand their belved friends
over to vets and animal control for cremation.

We use a wonderful pet cemetery about 40 miles from us. They pick up at our
clinic on a regular schedule or when we ask. There are several different
options for clients to pick from: Cremation with ashes returned; cremation
with ashes scattered; Group burial, private burial. We visit the cemetary
once a year and clients go there as well. It's wonderful, beautiful, very
professional and I have no concerns about them messing with ashes. They are
returned to us in very nice containers with the pet's name on it. If you
have concerns, you can take your pet's remains to a local pet cemetery
yourself.

I only know of two veterinarians who have their own facilities and both take
the standards for cremation very seriously and respectfully. You just don't
kbow unless you ask questions of the facilities you doubt.

-Sharon

Old October 7th 05, 07:09 PM
Sharon

Hello TimeMixer, stay away from veterinarians and animal control who
do cremations. They use shady corrupt pet crematories and I do not
favor them.

Not true.

Old October 8th 05, 12:21 AM
WienerDog

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:26:01 -0400, Janet B
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:52:43 -0400, WienerDog
, clicked their heels and said:

Hello TimeMixer, stay away from veterinarians and animal control who
do cremations. They use shady corrupt pet crematories and I do not
favor them.

a little overgeneralization, no? The shelter I work with (not an
animal control) has an on-site crematory - no sending out.

Well Janet,

take a look at this article and it tells you why the pet cremation
industry is rife with fraud. that is why veterinarians are are getting
caught with their pants down for using a corrupt pet crematory.

http://www.funeralwire.com/modules.p...icle&sid=17310

WienerDog
Old October 8th 05, 12:22 AM
WienerDog

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:09:34 -0400, "Sharon"
wrote:

Hello TimeMixer, stay away from veterinarians and animal control who
do cremations. They use shady corrupt pet crematories and I do not
favor them.

Not true.

It is true.....

http://www.funeralwire.com/modules.p...icle&sid=17310