Tricks to teach my Daschund..

Old October 10th 05, 08:40 AM
hangar18

Default Tricks to teach my Daschund..

Hi,
1. Was wondering if anyone can give some nice tricks to teach my lil
fellow.
2. What are the games that I can play with him?
3. Is it possible for me to try and have a conversation with him. i
know this is a lil too much to ask .. but things like .. "Are you
humgry?" and he answers with one "Woof"
4. How can i teach him things like "Friend" so that he knows that they
are welcome at home.

Old October 10th 05, 06:02 PM
MauiJNP

Hi,
1. Was wondering if anyone can give some nice tricks to teach my lil
fellow.

teach him obedience stuff first, like stay, come, sit, etc. fun tricks can
include shaking hands, rolling over, spinning around, dancing, sitting up,
jumping over things, crawling under things, catching a toy or treat, jumping
thru a hula hoop, going thru a tunnel, etc.

2. What are the games that I can play with him?

Maui and I play hide and seek. I have him in a sit/stay position and then I
go to another room to hide. I call out "Maui, find me" or if someone else
is there, they say "find Momma" and he runs around sniffing the rooms and
looking behind doors to find me. It is pretty fun. Now I am working on
having him hide, putting him in a sit/stay position and having my nephews
find him. It is a lot harder to do that because he doesn't want to be
found, he wants to be the finder!

4. How can i teach him things like "Friend" so that he knows that they
are welcome at home.

Maui knows "its ok" which I use when there are new people around that he
doesn't know and they are ok to interact with. Or I might say "say hello"
when someone wants to pet him (when we are out and about he usually draws a
lot of attention) to let Maui know that he can let the person pet him. When
I say "its ok" or "say hello" he knows that he can safely interact with
whoever is around.

I also taught Maui certain terms like Grandma and Grandpa because I live
with my parents. When they come home from work or knock on my door, I say,
"its ok, its just Grandma/Grandpa" or "Grandma's/Grandpa's home". He
doesn't bark at them and knows they are ok so he waits at the door to give
them some loving or convince them to play with him.

Also, Maui knows the rest of the family, if I tell him to "go to David, he's
got a treat for you" he knows to run right to my baby nephew. Or if I say,
"Nicholas wants to play" he'll take a toy to Nicholas (my nephew). He gets
it right everytime and always goes to the right person when I use names. I
am always amazed how much Maui knows.

How can we teach our dog to tell us when he needs to go outside?? Gwendy5281 Dog behavior 2 September 26th 05 09:27 PM
Puppy Growling and Attacking me when he has a bone Simon Adebisi Dog behavior 36 August 3rd 05 08:55 AM
Puppy Growling and Attacking me when he has a bone Simon Adebisi Dog health 24 July 31st 05 11:45 PM
TEach Come Number 9 Dog behavior 3 May 13th 04 02:14 PM
TEach Come Number 9 Dog behavior 0 May 13th 04 07:41 AM