In Heat

Old October 14th 05, 12:41 AM
_Victoria_ _Victoria_ is offline
Junior Member

Default In Heat

My dog turned one in July and she just went into season for the first time. I've heard/read many different things about how long it lasts, etc.
I would just like to know how long the bleeding will last for. Thanks in advance.

-Victoria
Old October 14th 05, 09:49 PM
Lucky Whip Flip

_Victoria_ wrote:

My dog turned one in July and she just went into season for the first
time. I've heard/read many different things about how long it lasts,
etc.
I would just like to know how long the bleeding will last for. Thanks
in advance.

-Victoria

Generally, a heat cycle will last around 21 days - typical fertile
period around Day 14 (however, it can be as early as Day 6 and as late
as Day 18 or more). But to be very safe, keep her locked up for at
least 3 weeks. That means you have her leashed when she goes outside to
potty and you are with her - do not simply put her outside unattended,
even if your yard is fenced. Indoors, she can wear a device called
bitches britches - you can buy a commercial version of this, or make
your own out of a pair of old underpants and insert a sanitary napkin in
the crotch area. I tie the panties up around the tail (I use men's
underwear and a leg cut off a pair of pantihose for a tie). This way my
girls can traipse around the house without making a mess. Just remember
to remove them before you let her outside!

Flip

My bitch and heat cycle...Help ms Dog health 1 May 30th 05 12:20 PM
heat exhaustion culprit Dog behavior 144 January 27th 04 02:15 PM
heat exhaustion culprit Dog behavior 0 January 23rd 04 07:04 AM
heat exhaustion culprit Dog behavior 0 January 23rd 04 07:04 AM
heat exhaustion culprit Dog behavior 0 January 23rd 04 07:04 AM