Completely OT, but I'm going insane...

Old October 16th 05, 04:40 AM
marie

Default Completely OT, but I'm going insane...

....and I'm hoping someone here can help.

As you may know, I'm a School Bus Driver, transporting Special Need Children
for the local school boards. One of the kids on my bus this year is
Autistic, with repetitive vocalizations: in other words, he talks. Think
of him like a radio: transmit only, repeating things he's heard. It's not
as bad as it may sound--a lot of what he does is the dialogue from computer
games or videos he sees (I've heard large portions of the soundtrack of
"Finding Nemo" this year) or he sings.

I've discovered that, as long as I have a context for what he's
singing/saying (i.e.: if I know the source), it becomes background noise.
Problem is, for the last couple of weeks he's been singing a song that none
of us on the bus can identify, and it's beginning to drive me nuts!

I like the song. He has a nice voice. Alex can now count to 12 because
he's heard the lyrics so often. But I *NEED* to know what the song is!!!!

I've tried Googling without luck, but I don't claim to be an expert at
sorting big searches. I'm hoping that someone here will take pity on me and
either recognize the lyrics or figure out how to find their source. Where
you see a / or a (?) it means I'm not sure of what I'm hearing.

The lyrics go:

mutters You can call me
SungPennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five.
Pennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five.
Pennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five,
six, seven, eight nine ten eleven twelve.
Spoken No, no, no. The stones stop at five. How many times do I have to
tell you that.

Repeat ad nauseum.

The tune is catching, kinda bouncy.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

Marie

Old October 16th 05, 04:57 AM
montana wildhack

On 2005-10-15 23:40:13 -0400, "marie" said:

...and I'm hoping someone here can help.

The lyrics go:

mutters You can call me
SungPennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five.
Pennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five.
Pennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five,
six, seven, eight nine ten eleven twelve.
Spoken No, no, no. The stones stop at five. How many times do I
have to tell you that.

Repeat ad nauseum.

The tune is catching, kinda bouncy.

Any help appreciated.

I don't know, but it sounds suspiciously like the famous Glenn Miller
(no relation to Steve) song, Pennsylvania 6-5000.

Lyrics can be found at http://www.lyricsvault.net/songs/21244.html.

Very fun song, even if the 6-5000 isn't one two three four five

Old October 16th 05, 04:59 AM
bizby40

"marie" wrote in message
...and I'm hoping someone here can help.
The lyrics go:

mutters You can call me
SungPennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five.
Pennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five.
Pennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five,
six, seven, eight nine ten eleven twelve.
Spoken No, no, no. The stones stop at five. How many times do I have
to tell you that.

Repeat ad nauseum.

The tune is catching, kinda bouncy.

I tried googling, and came up with something likely. A Sesame Street
called "Transylvania 1-2-3-4-5" sung to the tune of "Pennsylvania
6-5000"

http://members.tripod.com/Tiny_Dancer/transylv.html

Hope this helps!

Bizby

Old October 16th 05, 05:04 AM
Sionnach

"bizby40" wrote:

I tried googling, and came up with something likely. A Sesame Street
called "Transylvania 1-2-3-4-5" sung to the tune of "Pennsylvania
6-5000"

Ha. I *thought* that sounded like something The Count would sing! :-D

Old October 16th 05, 05:33 AM
marie

"bizby40" wrote in message

"marie" wrote in message
...and I'm hoping someone here can help.
The lyrics go:

mutters You can call me
SungPennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five.
Pennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five.
Pennsylvania/Transylvania (?) one two three four five,
six, seven, eight nine ten eleven twelve.
Spoken No, no, no. The stones stop at five. How many times do I have
to tell you that.

Repeat ad nauseum.

The tune is catching, kinda bouncy.

I tried googling, and came up with something likely. A Sesame Street
called "Transylvania 1-2-3-4-5" sung to the tune of "Pennsylvania
6-5000"

http://members.tripod.com/Tiny_Dancer/transylv.html

Hope this helps!

BINGO! That's got to be it :-)

When reading the words, I can hear Stephen's voice, and I realize that
"stones" is actually "song."

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Could you explain how you found it in Google? I tried "one two three four
five," +song, "no, no, no" and various combos of those phrase and got
either 0 hits or 20000+.

Thank You again :-)

Marie

Bizby

Old October 16th 05, 06:40 AM
bizby40

"marie" wrote in message
.. .

"bizby40" wrote in message

"marie" wrote in message
[...]

I googled "song lyrics pennsylvania transylvania" and it showed up on
first page. :-P Glad I could help!

Bizby

Thank You again :-)

Marie