Timmy found a hidey-hole

Old October 17th 05, 06:29 PM
Rocky

Default Timmy found a hidey-hole

Not having owned one, the ingenuity of small dogs makes me take
pictures:
http://www.rocky-dog.com/Daycare/Timmy07.jpg

There are two 7 month old Rhodesian Ridgebacks in my house right
now, boinging everywhere, which is why Timmy is wary.

Old October 17th 05, 06:31 PM
sighthounds & siberians

On 17 Oct 2005 17:29:30 GMT, Rocky wrote:

Not having owned one, the ingenuity of small dogs makes me take
pictures:
http://www.rocky-dog.com/Daycare/Timmy07.jpg

There are two 7 month old Rhodesian Ridgebacks in my house right
now, boinging everywhere, which is why Timmy is wary.

Poor little guy, he must want his nice Greyhound friend back.

Mustang Sally

Old October 17th 05, 06:46 PM
Rocky

sighthounds & siberians said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

There are two 7 month old Rhodesian Ridgebacks in my house
right now, boinging everywhere, which is why Timmy is
wary.

Poor little guy, he must want his nice Greyhound friend
back.

Timmy has huge confidence and is amazing at taking care of
himself with larger dogs. Unfortunately, he's a little
unrealistic, thinking that he can bait the larger dogs from his
regular perch on the couch.

But, yes, it would be nice to see Roy the Grey again.

Old October 17th 05, 06:56 PM

On 17 Oct 2005 17:29:30 GMT, Rocky wrote:

Not having owned one, the ingenuity of small dogs makes me take
pictures:
http://www.rocky-dog.com/Daycare/Timmy07.jpg

It Came From the TeeVee!

There are two 7 month old Rhodesian Ridgebacks in my house right
now, boinging everywhere, which is why Timmy is wary.

that seems reasonable.

http://www.cat-sidh.net || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

L is for Leo who swallowed some tacks.
-- Edward Gorey, The Gashlycrumb Tinies
Old October 17th 05, 07:06 PM
Rocky

shelly said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

There are two 7 month old Rhodesian Ridgebacks in my house
right now, boinging everywhere, which is why Timmy is
wary.

that seems reasonable.

Timmy's here every day and the RRs are here twice a week each,
coinciding on Monday. While he's good at holding his own with
puppies 1000 times his size, sometimes he needs a lap to sit on.

Old October 17th 05, 07:11 PM

On 17 Oct 2005 18:06:02 GMT, Rocky wrote:

Timmy's here every day and the RRs are here twice a week each,
coinciding on Monday. While he's good at holding his own with
puppies 1000 times his size, sometimes he needs a lap to sit on.

harriet says that *every* dog sometimes needs a lap to sit on.

http://www.cat-sidh.net || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

Never put a sock in a toaster.
-- Eddie Izzard
Old October 18th 05, 12:22 AM
Jodi

"Rocky" wrote in message
Not having owned one, the ingenuity of small dogs makes me take
pictures:
http://www.rocky-dog.com/Daycare/Timmy07.jpg

There are two 7 month old Rhodesian Ridgebacks in my house right
now, boinging everywhere, which is why Timmy is wary.

sigh I so wish the commute from Texas to Canada was shorter. Tallulah
would love to boing with them. Even though she has more of a "jump-splat".

Or, I wish you would open a branch of your doggie daycare down here.
There's nothing even remotely like it here in town.

--Jodi

Old October 18th 05, 12:30 AM
Janet B

Not having owned one, the ingenuity of small dogs makes me take
pictures:
http://www.rocky-dog.com/Daycare/Timmy07.jpg

There are two 7 month old Rhodesian Ridgebacks in my house right
now, boinging everywhere, which is why Timmy is wary.

I'm officially envious. Two breeds I really like - CKCS and RR. And
you get to have them PT! I tell ya Matt - you've defintely found a
great niche and lifestyle. I would SO refer you if I live in Calgary!
I subscribe to a dog daycare list and I gotta tell ya, the dog
knowledge of these folks is scary bad.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old October 18th 05, 12:38 AM

In article ,
Janet B wrote:
I subscribe to a dog daycare list and I gotta tell ya, the dog
knowledge of these folks is scary bad.

A few years ago I was on a flight from Philadelphia to
Ithaca in a 19-seater flying cigar tube through a bunch of
thunderstorms. It was a terrifying flight, and so people
did what people do when they're scared, which is shriek and
then start a conversation. It turned out that nearly
everybody sitting near me was on their way to Cornell for
training in running dog daycare. So reputable training does
seem to be available - among other things, Cornell does
behavioral training.

What we have here is a form of looting. -- Nobel laureate in
economics George Akerlof, on Bush economic policy
Old October 18th 05, 12:51 AM
Janet B

On 17 Oct 2005 19:38:37 -0400, (Melinda Shore),
clicked their heels and said:

It turned out that nearly
everybody sitting near me was on their way to Cornell for
training in running dog daycare. So reputable training does
seem to be available - among other things, Cornell does
behavioral training.

I know there are courses, but am skeptical. A couple opened a
daycare near me. Took some daycare course, etc. Husband came to
classes I ran for volunteers to be better handlers/trainers (taking
the long timers, shy or rambunctious dogs). He was the worst handler
in the class.

I wouldn't recommend that daycare for anything, but I'm pretty picky -
it's rare that I let someone have control/supervision/responsibility
for my dogs. I think I have good gut instincts. I have let ONE
person (yes ONE) handle Franklin. I only knew him cyber-wise, but I
had trust and wasn't let down (and it was Frankin's first time with an
e-collar, so it was a very big deal). One person handled Lucy in a
pinch (I was at the ER) and it was not ideal. Mostly because she was
obsessed with finding ME, but we worked out a situation where the
other person handled her with me in back of her on crutches, and the
next day, just me on crutches (stupid as it turned out, for me, but we
would have had to pull the team otherwise). Past dogs? nobody else
handling, ever.

Dog daycare is such a good idea in many ways, and so poor in others.
If all daycare was Matt's, it would be a no-brainer. Most of these
places have 80 dogs and a few clueless employees.

Just from this group for a number of years, I'm pretty sure who I'd be
willing to hand my dogs to and who I wouldn't. And I don't think I'm
being cyber-fooled by anyone. That's based on years of history.