Um, okay

Old October 21st 05, 04:50 PM

Default Um, okay

[]
It's not uncommon to see breeders insist that they're not
breeders for any one of a variety of reasons, but I came
across a website today (and I'm not posting the URL because
I don't want these meatheads to get hits) in which the
owners claim that they're not breeders because there's a
Creator who takes care of that sort of thing. (They also
claim that they've got no alpha dogs.)

What we have here is a form of looting. -- Nobel laureate in
economics George Akerlof, on Bush economic policy
Old October 21st 05, 05:16 PM
Judy

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
[]
It's not uncommon to see breeders insist that they're not
breeders for any one of a variety of reasons, but I came
across a website today (and I'm not posting the URL because
I don't want these meatheads to get hits) in which the
owners claim that they're not breeders because there's a
Creator who takes care of that sort of thing. (They also
claim that they've got no alpha dogs.)

We had some friends years ago whose son had two rabbits. Supposedly one was
male and one was female, although the distinction is one that I basically
trust rabbits to make, not me.

Anyway, he did not want the rabbits to breed. But he was concerned about
them getting lonely if they were penned apart.

So his solution was to only put them together two hours a day. I'm not
certain whether they were supervised during this period of time each day or
not.

So, he was clearly not a breeder. His every intention was to NOT breed
rabbits. Therefore whatever happened there was obviously divine
intervention.

In HIS defense, however, HE was eight years old.

~~Judy

Old October 21st 05, 05:26 PM

on 2005-10-21 at 11:50 wrote:

the owners claim that they're not breeders because there's a
Creator who takes care of that sort of thing.

ah, the "immaculate conception" model of dog breeding.

(They also claim that they've got no alpha dogs.)

what an odd thing for them to announce to the world.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old October 21st 05, 05:30 PM
sighthounds & siberians

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:26:37 -0500, shelly
wrote:

on 2005-10-21 at 11:50 wrote:

the owners claim that they're not breeders because there's a
Creator who takes care of that sort of thing.

ah, the "immaculate conception" model of dog breeding.

But if the breeders are careful, nothing should happen, right?

Mustang Sally

Old October 21st 05, 05:37 PM

In article ,
Judy wrote:
So his solution was to only put them together two hours a day. I'm not
certain whether they were supervised during this period of time each day or
not.

"Aww, how sweet - they're *cuddling*!"

My mother was an accidental breeder on a sufficient number
of occasions to lead a person to wonder why she wasn't
getting a clue, but our religion is kind of big on the whole
free will thing and she really wasn't about to be pointing
fingers at G-d because the cat got knocked up again.

Old October 21st 05, 09:39 PM
Darby L. Wiggins

Melinda Shore wrote:

In article ,
Judy wrote:

So his solution was to only put them together two hours a day. I'm not
certain whether they were supervised during this period of time each day or
not.

"Aww, how sweet - they're *cuddling*!"

My mother was an accidental breeder on a sufficient number
of occasions to lead a person to wonder why she wasn't
getting a clue, but our religion is kind of big on the whole
free will thing and she really wasn't about to be pointing
fingers at G-d because the cat got knocked up again.

LOL!..I've never heard of an animal getting "knocked up" - only humans.
(although I don't know why, it makes sense).... But it fits! LOL

Darby
Old October 21st 05, 09:45 PM
Judy

wrote:

on 2005-10-21 at 11:50 wrote:

the owners claim that they're not breeders because there's a
Creator who takes care of that sort of thing.

ah, the "immaculate conception" model of dog breeding.

But if the breeders are careful, nothing should happen, right?

Mustang Sally

I'm pretty sure that the rhythm method enters in here somewhere. 'Cause
dogs are so good at counting and observing abstinance.

~~Judy

Old October 21st 05, 09:57 PM
Judy

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
My mother was an accidental breeder on a sufficient number
of occasions to lead a person to wonder why she wasn't
getting a clue, but our religion is kind of big on the whole
free will thing and she really wasn't about to be pointing
fingers at G-d because the cat got knocked up again.

Honest and truly, I laughed out loud at this.

What's really funny is that a couple of generations back in my family, in
the days of fire and brimstone, doom and gloom, Baptist ministers in the
family, I can just picture my great-great grandfather shaking his fist at
the sky, cursing God for yet another spring litter of kittens! (In my
imagination, there is thunder and lightning and some really tacky sound
effects.)

And just imagine, they could have been neighbors!

~~Judy