Does this dog look like a purebred GSD?

Old October 23rd 05, 05:39 PM

Default Does this dog look like a purebred GSD?

Does this dog look like a purebred GSD?

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5251595

Old October 23rd 05, 06:00 PM
Debbie S

Yes, typical of the BYB shepherds I see in my area.

Debbie

Old October 23rd 05, 06:15 PM
Liisa Sarakontu

wrote in
:

Does this dog look like a purebred GSD?
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5251595

Yes, it looks. Not like a show bred one, but I think that it has a very
nice conformation.

Liisa
Old October 24th 05, 01:53 AM
HouseODogs

Sure looks like a purebred GSD to me! And he sounds like a very nice dog if
his description is accurate.

If you are thinking of adopting him, best wishes to you both!

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea
www.shepherdrescue.org

Old October 24th 05, 05:13 PM
Janet Puistonen

wrote:
Does this dog look like a purebred GSD?

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5251595

He looks like a GSD with very poor conformation to me. He's much too tall
and skinny, and he's not angulated like a trotting dog. (Please note that I
am *not* advocating for the over-angulated type, but the GSD should still be
built for a ground-eating trot.) It can be hard to tell from pictures,
though. And of course that doesn't mean he's not a nice dog. Although I'm
generally wary of the temperaments of badly-bred GSDs.

Old October 24th 05, 05:28 PM
Diana

"Janet Puistonen" wrote in message
wrote:
Does this dog look like a purebred GSD?

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5251595

He looks like a GSD with very poor conformation to me. He's much too tall
and skinny, and he's not angulated like a trotting dog. (Please note that
I am *not* advocating for the over-angulated type, but the GSD should
still be built for a ground-eating trot.) It can be hard to tell from
pictures, though. And of course that doesn't mean he's not a nice dog.
Although I'm generally wary of the temperaments of badly-bred GSDs.

I thought he looked a bit like he should fill out and look better for a
more stable environment and some good daily exercise.

Diana
--
Cindy the weimaraner's web site:
http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Old October 25th 05, 06:49 PM

"HouseODogs" wrote in message
Sure looks like a purebred GSD to me! And he sounds like a very nice dog

if
his description is accurate.

If you are thinking of adopting him, best wishes to you both!

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea
www.shepherdrescue.org

No. Just looking around. Tks.
-Pete

Old October 26th 05, 10:19 PM

One bright night in the middle of the day on Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:39:45
GMT, in rec.pets.dogs.breeds wrote:

Does this dog look like a purebred GSD?

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5251595

Absolutely.

*~ *~ *~
Karen C.
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account! So there...

"You have no power here!
...Be gone! Before somebody drops a house on you too!"

When does a Mutt become a Purebred? marie Dog behavior 115 August 2nd 05 03:20 PM
Purebred Health David H Dog behavior 40 December 5th 03 09:12 AM
Purebred Health David H Dog behavior 0 December 1st 03 12:31 PM
Purebred Health David H Dog behavior 0 December 1st 03 12:31 PM
Purebred Health David H Dog behavior 0 December 1st 03 12:31 PM