Constipated Rescue Puppy

Old October 25th 05, 03:59 PM
Bette

Default Constipated Rescue Puppy

I've recently adopted a new puppy (12 weeks old) from our local rescue
shelter. She's been fine, with no problems eating, etc, and she gets on
fine with my other pets and has had all her shots.

Yesterday she managed to get into the food bag, after she'd already
been fed, and ate a good deal before my roomate was able to get her
away from it. She was bloated and constipated after, which I can
understand because - hey, if I ate twice as much as I was supposed to,
or more, I would be too.

What I'm wondering is - should I worry? This is only my second dog, and
the first (now 8 months) I never had this experience with.

Old October 25th 05, 05:07 PM
Rocky

"Bette" said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

What I'm wondering is - should I worry?

This happened to me once, except the dog was older - about 5
years old. The first thing I did was take up the water dish so
that he wouldn't drink and swell an already very tight belly.
Luckily, he threw up within the hour.

If you have any concerns, give your vet a call and he can
probably advise you over the phone.

Help!! Dog chewing everything in sight!! On her way out!!!! MommaMia Dog behavior 10 October 10th 05 01:21 PM
It's happened again... White Monkey Dog behavior 25 October 7th 05 04:25 PM
White Bull Terrier AnimalBehaviorForensicSciencesResearchLaboratory@H Dog behavior 1 September 6th 05 01:39 PM
WOW!! [email protected] Dog behavior 13 July 1st 05 06:52 PM
Man kills 11-year old daughter's puppy, little remorse Thomas Murphy Dog behavior 0 July 12th 04 06:15 AM