What mix is he?

Old October 27th 05, 05:29 PM
Coconut

Default What mix is he?

Hi Folks, I'm wondering what kind of mix my dog is out of curiousity.
Here are some pics of him:
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/003.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/005.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/007.jpg
I see the Rotty in him, but what could the other half be?
He stands about the height of 2 and 1/2 feet at the shoulder, has a
big bushy tail and is all around long haired, compared to a Rotty that
is. I was told German Shepherd was his other half, but I'm not sure...
Many thanks!
Chris
Old October 27th 05, 06:53 PM
Liisa Sarakontu

diddy wrote in
:

sorry, I can't get the links to work

Me neither.

Liisa
Old October 27th 05, 09:21 PM
Coconut

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:53:27 +0000 (UTC), Liisa Sarakontu
wrote:

diddy wrote in
:

sorry, I can't get the links to work

Me neither.

Liisa

Sorry Folks, I screwed up...The links a
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack003.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack005.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack007.jpg
Many thanks again, Chris
Old October 28th 05, 03:36 AM
dejablues

"Coconut" wrote in message
Hi Folks, I'm wondering what kind of mix my dog is out of curiousity.
Here are some pics of him:
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/003.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/005.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/007.jpg
I see the Rotty in him, but what could the other half be?
He stands about the height of 2 and 1/2 feet at the shoulder, has a
big bushy tail and is all around long haired, compared to a Rotty that
is. I was told German Shepherd was his other half, but I'm not sure...
Many thanks!
Chris

Straight-up Rottweiler/German Shepherd. Nice looking boy!

Old October 28th 05, 05:43 AM
Liisa Sarakontu

Coconut wrote in
:

http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack003.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack005.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack007.jpg

Hmm, it is long-coated so one parent is not a purebred Rottweiler. It
doesn't show any hints of mask on its muzzle, so the other parent is hardly
a purebred German Shepherd. The dog also looks sligtly "softer" than the
GSD x Rottie crosses I've seen.

What about Golden Retriever crossed with a GSD/Rottie?

Liisa

Old October 28th 05, 02:01 PM
~misty

Liisa Sarakontu wrote:
Coconut wrote in
:

http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack003.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack005.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack007.jpg

Hmm, it is long-coated so one parent is not a purebred Rottweiler. It
doesn't show any hints of mask on its muzzle, so the other parent is
hardly a purebred German Shepherd. The dog also looks sligtly
"softer" than the GSD x Rottie crosses I've seen.

What about Golden Retriever crossed with a GSD/Rottie?

Liisa

There are long haired purebred Rotts..
http://www.rottsacrosstexas.com/rarerotts.html (don't let the URL fool ya..
they know that "rare" is what scammers call dogs that don't meet the breed
standards).

~misty
--
http://mistymage.com/
to email me use Groups At mistymage Dot com

Old October 28th 05, 02:10 PM
Janet B

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:01:50 -0500, "~misty" ,
clicked their heels and said:

There are long haired purebred Rotts..

I've known one, but it's not as long as this dog looks - it's more
"fuzzy". I agree with the Golden/GSD/Rotti guess.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old October 28th 05, 09:44 PM
culprit

"Coconut" wrote in message

Sorry Folks, I screwed up...The links a
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack003.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack005.jpg
http://chryslerbuilding.sitesled.com/jack007.jpg
Many thanks again, Chris

generic Rott x summin' in the neighborhood cross. the Rottie facial
coloring seems really strong, you see that alot around here in shelters.
unless someone knows the mother, they usually just get put up as Rottie x.
seems folks in rural areas like to let their unneutered Rots run free. at
least where i live.

looks pretty cute to me. :-) is he/she a leaner?

-kelly

Old October 29th 05, 05:46 AM
Coconut

generic Rott x summin' in the neighborhood cross. the Rottie facial
coloring seems really strong, you see that alot around here in shelters.
unless someone knows the mother, they usually just get put up as Rottie x.
seems folks in rural areas like to let their unneutered Rots run free. at
least where i live.

looks pretty cute to me. :-) is he/she a leaner?

-kelly

Hi Folks, Thank you all so much for your comments.
Unfortunately Kelly, I don't know dog lingo and am not sure what a
'leaner' is..?
I got him at a shelter in Pike County, PA (NE PA). They have a huge
area where the dogs could run somewhat free and he was mixing with the
lot of Rotties they had just fine. I wanted an older dog, so they
guessed his age at three or four. We gave him 'the cat test' as they
called it and he backed right out of the cat room, he wanted nothing
to do with them, so he came home. I like the comment about part
Golden - he certainly has the temperment of one. He totally ignores
our cat and my father flock of Poms, who are always trying to nip his
heals/toes...he just steps over them and continues on his way. Real
sweet guy too that 'smiles' when I come home and gives me this sweet
look with his eyes half closed. God I love this dog.
Best,
Chris
Old October 29th 05, 11:24 AM
chris jung

"Coconut" wrote in message

[...]

Awww he sounds like an all-around good guy. As to what he is, I'm inclined
to Rottie x Golden but probably not a first generation mix (that is I'm
thinking his parents were not purebred) so there could be something else in
the woodpile.

I can understand his (what's his name?) reaction to the Swarm 'o Poms.
Around the block, we sometimes meet up with an itty bitty Chihuahua who
rushes up to Pablo, my tall, leggy smooth collie and tries his best to
inspire terror. This little pint-sized tyrant is too small to reach any,
um, critical parts, and so Pablo just steps over him and goes on his way.
It annoys this little 5 lb Napoleon to no end that Pablo doesn't take him
seriously.

Give you big ole furry sweetie a scritch on the rump for me.

Chris (just north of you in Ithaca NY) and her smoothies
Pablo and Lucy