Just for shelly

Old November 11th 05, 08:36 PM
Suja

Default Just for shelly

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5220729

I'm guessing that the light eyes are throwing them off.

Suja

Old November 12th 05, 04:01 AM
culprit

"Suja" wrote in message

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5220729

I'm guessing that the light eyes are throwing them off.

Suja

um. pit bull? *maybe* pit boxer mix with the flews. husky my ass.

-kelly

Old November 12th 05, 04:08 PM

on 2005-11-11 at 15:36 wrote:

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5220729

oh my. i can't decide if he's ugly or cute.

I'm guessing that the light eyes are throwing them off.

it's hard to tell from the photo, but nose seems awfully
ski-slopish. a Boxer mix should have a shorter muzzle with a
more pronounced stop. i think he's more likely to be a Collie
x Pit Bull or Collie x Boxer than a Husky x Boxer.

also, surely you meant that this one is for Melinda, being as
she likes blue eyes?

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old November 12th 05, 06:49 PM
culprit

"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...
on 2005-11-11 at 15:36 wrote:

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5220729

oh my. i can't decide if he's ugly or cute.

I'm guessing that the light eyes are throwing them off.

it's hard to tell from the photo, but nose seems awfully
ski-slopish. a Boxer mix should have a shorter muzzle with a
more pronounced stop. i think he's more likely to be a Collie
x Pit Bull or Collie x Boxer than a Husky x Boxer.

also, surely you meant that this one is for Melinda, being as
she likes blue eyes?

i've seen blue eyed pits before, though usually unilataraly. you should
post this to breeds...

-kelly

Old November 13th 05, 02:09 PM
chris jung

"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...
on 2005-11-11 at 15:36 wrote:

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5220729

oh my. i can't decide if he's ugly or cute.

I'm guessing that the light eyes are throwing them off.

it's hard to tell from the photo, but nose seems awfully
ski-slopish. a Boxer mix should have a shorter muzzle with a
more pronounced stop. i think he's more likely to be a Collie
x Pit Bull or Collie x Boxer than a Husky x Boxer.

Well shelly, I have to disagree on this as I don't see any collie in this
dog. IMHO, his stop isn't anywhere shallow enough. Besides the only way
you're going to see blue eyes in a collie or collie cross is if it's a merle
and that dog ain't no merle.

Chris and her smoothies,
Pablo & Lucy

Old November 13th 05, 07:24 PM
culprit

"culprit" wrote in message

i've seen blue eyed pits before, though usually unilataraly. you should
post this to breeds...

i'm pretty sure it's a poorly bred pit with some boxer mix. you can get two
blue eyes with certain dilute coat patterns, and some idjits are now
breeding in Catahoula to get "merle" pit bulls, which could result in the
blue eyes too. i don't see any kind of collie in the body or head (of
course, i do see pit in everything - but you know that already ;-) ).

i think they left the pit out of the mix because the dog is in Ohio, and
pits are pretty much considered the devil's own creature out there.

-kelly

Old November 14th 05, 12:08 PM

on 2005-11-13 at 14:09 wrote:

Well shelly, I have to disagree on this as I don't see any
collie in this dog.

heh. i said "more likely to be a Colly x." that doesn't mean
it's at all likely, just that i think it's more likely than a
Boxer x. a Boxer cross would shorten the muzzle, and, i would
expect, create a dishier face altogether. i can't see how
that head could occur on any dog that was half Boxer. that's
not saying that my guess of Collie x is at all correct,
either.

IMHO, his stop isn't anywhere shallow enough.

but if it was Collie mixed with Boxer, you would get a less
shallow stop than you would with Collie mixed with most other
breeds.

Besides the only way you're going to see blue eyes in a
collie or collie cross is if it's a merle and that dog ain't
no merle.

they can occur in Pit Bulls (if it were a Collie x Pit Bull),
but i don't know how it relates to coat color in that breed,
so i'm sure i'm *way* off.

i just don't see anything Boxerish in the dog besides the coat
pattern/color.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old November 14th 05, 12:15 PM

on 2005-11-13 at 11:24 wrote:

i'm pretty sure it's a poorly bred pit with some boxer mix.

i'd buy Bull Terrier mix, but not Pit Bull or Boxer mix, at
least not unless it was mixed with something with a pointy ski
slope head/muzzle.

you can get two blue eyes with certain dilute coat patterns,
and some idjits are now breeding in Catahoula to get "merle"
pit bulls, which could result in the blue eyes too.

but those blue eyes are linked to coat color, right, so
wouldn't the dog have to be merle to have blue eyes?

i don't see any kind of collie in the body or head

i don't see it in the body, especially, but if it were mixed
with something cobby, it might be possible. as for the head,
it's bizarre. i just don't see how it could possibly be a
Boxer mix, especially not a Boxer x Sibe, as you couldn't
possibly get a ski slope out of that mix.

(of course, i do see pit in everything - but you know that
already ;-) ).

that's because they're everywhere!

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old November 14th 05, 04:59 PM

on 2005-11-14 at 12:05 wrote:

Nope. You're the one who has claimed wanting Huskies and
Boxers.

nonono! just *one* Husky and *one* Boxer. what kind of a
crazy person do you think i am?

So, here's your very own Hoxer (or Busky).

in that case, you are eeevil.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/