Halti sizes - requesting information :-)

Old November 17th 05, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Halti sizes - requesting information :-)

Hello all,

I have just recently started to make haltis in pink and purple (and
hopefully soon patterned webbing too). The only problem is I need to make
sure I'm doing them in the right size!! I have made size 2 perfectly as I
already have a template (and my GSD girl wears one (size 3 is too big on
her), but I still need the measurements for 0, 1, 3, 4 and 5!!!! Is there
any possibility somebody could give their halti a quick measurement - even
just the muzzle and neck size would be a great help.

Many Thanks in advance,

Shantel

--
www.CRAFTYPETS.co.uk

Old November 17th 05, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

on 2005-11-17 at 11:02 wrote:

I have just recently started to make haltis in pink and
purple (and hopefully soon patterned webbing too). The only
problem is I need to make sure I'm doing them in the right
size!! I have made size 2 perfectly as I already have a
template (and my GSD girl wears one (size 3 is too big on
her), but I still need the measurements for 0, 1, 3, 4 and
5!!!! Is there any possibility somebody could give their
halti a quick measurement - even just the muzzle and neck
size would be a great help.

you want people to assist you in infringing on someone else's
trademark?

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old November 17th 05, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...
on 2005-11-17 at 11:02 wrote:

I have just recently started to make haltis in pink and
purple (and hopefully soon patterned webbing too). The only
problem is I need to make sure I'm doing them in the right
size!! I have made size 2 perfectly as I already have a
template (and my GSD girl wears one (size 3 is too big on
her), but I still need the measurements for 0, 1, 3, 4 and
5!!!! Is there any possibility somebody could give their
halti a quick measurement - even just the muzzle and neck
size would be a great help.

you want people to assist you in infringing on someone else's
trademark?

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/

I'm hardly the first person to make headcollars for dogs, and won't be the
last either!!

Old November 17th 05, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"shantel palmer" said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

you want people to assist you in infringing on someone
else's trademark?

I'm hardly the first person to make headcollars for dogs,
and won't be the last either!!

You first wrote that you're making "Haltis" (tm), as opposed to
"headcollars" (generic). That fits *my* interpretation of
trademark infringement. And asking others, on a public forum,
to help you copy a patented product is setting yourself up for
all sorts of legal problems.

Old November 17th 05, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

on 2005-11-17 at 17:23 wrote:

I'm hardly the first person to make headcollars for dogs, and
won't be the last either!!

that's an *excellent* reason to commit a crime. good luck and
God bless!!

--
shelly (WTF?!)
http://www.cat-sidh.net
Old November 17th 05, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article ,
shantel palmer wrote:
I'm hardly the first person to make headcollars for dogs, and won't be the
last either!!

"Halti" is a registered trademark. And from the sounds of
it you're using their products as templates, to the point of
coming here to request people with ones in other sizes
measure theirs and tell you what the results are (which also
gives us an idea just how much you're willing to invest in
your own business).

Intellectual property is property, and stealing is
stealing. I imagine that the company might be willing to
discuss licensing, or if you have ideas to make their
product better then you've developed your *own* intellectual
property that you can either sell to someone else or use as
the basis for your own products.

The US DOJ is cracking down on intellectual property theft,
and certainly companies are litigating like crazy. Aside
from moral questions you may want to weigh the risks against
the benefits.

Hollywood was so out of touch with what seemed like reality that it was, in
fact, entirely in touch with the new political ethos in Washington -- Matt Bai
Old November 17th 05, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Halti was the best description - my apologies I should have said headcollar,
but nowhere did I say they were 'exact' replicas. Far from it ibecause n
fact they aren't the same at all.. I just wanted rough guides to sizes. Not
to worry, I'm sorry I asked.

Old November 17th 05, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"shantel palmer" said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Not to worry, I'm sorry I asked.

It's good to see people learn from their mistakes.

Old November 18th 05, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Rocky" wrote in message
"shantel palmer" said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Not to worry, I'm sorry I asked.

It's good to see people learn from their mistakes.

For the record, the halti headcollar cut into my fine haired dog's nose, and
even the padded version created a callous within a very short usage time. If
you are going to nick anyone's ideas, take ones that won't hurt the dog!

Diana

--
Cindy the weimaraner's web site:
http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Old November 18th 05, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article ,
Diana wrote:
For the record, the halti headcollar cut into my fine haired dog's nose, and
even the padded version created a callous within a very short usage time. If
you are going to nick anyone's ideas, take ones that won't hurt the dog!

That sounds like a fit problem - there are similar issues
with sledding harnesses and so you can now get harnesses
tailored to houndy-type dogs and ones more suitable for
blockier dogs like Siberians. There may be a similar market
for head halters tailored to particular breeds, but that
sounds labor-intensive and as if it might be a kind of high-
overhead business to run.