Here's A EXXXAMPLE Of A DOG ABUSING LYING MENTAL CASE: captainarthur j. haggerty

Old November 20th 05, 10:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Here's A EXXXAMPLE Of A DOG ABUSING LYING MENTAL CASE: captainarthur j. haggerty

wrote:
"Accentuate The Positive" -
captain arthur haggerty
JERRYIZED

"Accentuate The Positive"

Mr Howe, what can I say, the only positive training is positive
training. Was it you that said a dog only knows how to do things, not
not do things? Never mind who ever said that was a smart cookie and they
knew dogs.

People often assume dogs have the same intellectual reasoning as we
humans but you and I know that's just not how it is, dogs think dog and
we think human, we can learn dog but there ain't no way dogs will learn
human that ain't goin happen.

So when a dog is doing something and we want it to do something else it
seems easy and logical to give it something else to do or at the very
least distract it from the thing it's doing so it gets a chance to
ponder something else.

Now when the doorbell rings and the dog alerts and then wants to jump up
and greet the people inappropriately seems easiest to give the dog
something else to focus on, "hey dog, why don't you show the visitors
your chew toy?" So happy dog greets folk with it's chew toy and the
folk all comment on what a nice chew toy so the dog is over the moon not
over the guests and then demonstrating how well he can roll on his back
while holding the toy in his mouth.

Now did I see any unpositive methods there? Nup but I do see happy
guests and a happy dog.

What I'm saying is dogs need something to do, saying NO don't cut the
mustard, what the hell does NO mean to a dog, nothing, Nada a dog wants
a command, something focus on, dog training is easy if you know Howe!!

I am new here and this has probably been asked a million times... skeer27 Dog behavior 2 September 2nd 05 03:34 AM
Puppy Growling and Attacking me when he has a bone Simon Adebisi Dog behavior 36 August 3rd 05 08:55 AM
Puppy Growling and Attacking me when he has a bone Simon Adebisi Dog health 24 July 31st 05 11:45 PM
Morning Routines Jodi Dog behavior 17 February 24th 05 04:46 PM
dog urinates on everything pooteo Dog behavior 1 February 18th 05 09:57 AM