Help with vet bill

Old November 23rd 05, 08:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Help with vet bill

I have a Pomeranian. He was hit by a car 4 days ago and has a broken femur.
We took him to the vet and they wanted the bill paid in full it was $600
he now has a cast on but needs surgery. We were going to take him there
for it but it would cost $2000 and they would want that paid in full too.
So now we're taking him to the SPCA tomorrow for an exam and X-rays since
the other vet won't release the X-rays until we pay the remaining balance
even though we told them we would just cant right now then they wouldn't
even refill his pain medicine when we told them we would pay for the
medicine since it only costs $30 but they said they needed the balance
paid first and that was just today I asked them for the X-rays and the
medication. So if anyone knows of anykind of program that could help I
would be very grateful. Thank you

Old November 23rd 05, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 06:52:21 -0600, diddy ,
clicked their heels and said:

A credit card should cover it. Perhaps next time you will find a fence much
cheaper. Or a leash

ahh - Diddy - charming self as usual. make this person feel worse.
ACCIDENTS are called that for a reason. All sorts of unforeseen
things happen in life. It sucks. You don't know the circumstance of
this HBC and always assume the worst.

Perhaps the OP's regular vet would be willing to work out a payment
plan.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old November 24th 05, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

We took him today and we worked out a plan but now that they found out it
would be better to use the plate then the pins because with the pins it
would rotate since its broke all the way. So now we would need to come up
with $800-$1000 if we were to use the plate.

Now hes not my dog, Hes my dads dog. He opened the door and he ran out he
was trying to get him back in and just as he was coming back in the person
that lives across the street pulled in and he heard his dog bark and ran
over and just as he was the car driving by hit him. He always has a leash
on when going for walks or out. As for the fence they cost around $1000 we
never thought we would need one its not like hes just let out all the time
and stays outside. So its not like we could have seen this coming. If I
were to prepare for every accident that could possibly happen then we
would need a bomb shelter in case we were bombed or a fire hydrant in
front of our house in case of a fire. The point is we didnt think this
would happen so we didnt plan for it.