"The PitBull Problem"

Old November 25th 05, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default "The PitBull Problem"

....a video everyone should watch and share with thier friends. Beware...this
video will be disturbing for sensitive viewers!!!!
http://www.pitbullproblem.tk/

this is a flash movie, you will need Flash/flash shockwave plug ins
installed to view.

Old November 25th 05, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

RobDar wrote:
...a video everyone should watch and share with thier friends. Beware...this
video will be disturbing for sensitive viewers!!!!
http://www.pitbullproblem.tk/

Don't bother. This is a standard piece of propaganda (N.B.
"propaganda" doesn't necessarily mean "false") arguing that
pit bulls aren't really human-aggressive and that dog fighting
is Bad. Lots of very disturbing graphic images of injured and
neglected dogs are included, and it's all accompanied by some
really annoying (c)rap music.

There are a lot of myths about pit bulls, and some lurkers here
may need to have those myths dispelled. This in-your-face and
mostly content-free appeal to emotion isn't a great way to do it.

--
Mark Shaw (And Baron) moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone

Old November 25th 05, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

RobDar wrote:
"Mark Shaw" wrote in message

[reformatted for readability - please do not top-post]

There are a lot of myths about pit bulls, and some lurkers here
may need to have those myths dispelled. This in-your-face and
mostly content-free appeal to emotion isn't a great way to do it.

Do you then support pitbull fighting???

Are you a native reader of English?

--
Mark Shaw (And Baron) moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise." - Unknown
Old November 25th 05, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"RobDar" wrote in message
Do you then support pitbull fighting???

You know, if you're going to post about a breed, you might at least try
getting the name right. It's neither "PitBull" as in your header, nor
"pitbull" as above. It's American Pit Bull Terrier, which can be shortened
either to "Pit Bull" or APBT.

And I fail to see how any form of logical thinking could lead you from
Mark's statement that the video is propagandaish and lacking in needed facts
(which it is; I've seen it before) to the conclusion that he supports the
"sport" of pit fighting.
The fact that idiots who do support the "sport" misuse their dogs has
little to do with the very real dual problems of false media hype of Pit
Bulls as human aggressive (very few of them are, but those few do horrific
damage when they attack), and well-meaning but ignorant do-gooding owners
who don't realize that they ARE seriously dog-aggressive, and fail to
control them around other dogs.

Old November 25th 05, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
RobDar wrote:
Do you then support pitbull fighting???

Okay, so the choices you're presenting are 1) argue against
pitbull fighting like an asshole, or 2) support pitbull
fighting. On what planet does that make sense?

Old November 25th 05, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Mark Shaw" wrote in message
RobDar wrote:
"Mark Shaw" wrote in message

[reformatted for readability - please do not top-post]

There are a lot of myths about pit bulls, and some lurkers here
may need to have those myths dispelled. This in-your-face and
mostly content-free appeal to emotion isn't a great way to do it.

Do you then support pitbull fighting???

Are you a native reader of English?

-- Snippy!

I asked a question...not intending to cause offense.
It seems you oppose the video whose content is anti-fighting/ anti abuse
based.
Thank you for the clearification however...especially since it really was
all I was seeking.

How would you suggest the material be presented better?

If this video gains the interest of someone who may otherwise pass the topic
by or not realize the importance of the topic, and perhaps spur them to
investigate...Has harm been done?

Old November 25th 05, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
RobDar wrote:
Do you then support pitbull fighting???

Okay, so the choices you're presenting are 1) argue against
pitbull fighting like an asshole, or 2) support pitbull
fighting. On what planet does that make sense?

I was seeking clarification of his statement.
Was not arguing.
was not intending to cause an arguement.
It seriously was just a question. Actually what is referred to as a baseline
question.
Now we have established he does not support dog fighting (coincidently I
never assumed he did).

Old November 25th 05, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Sionnach" wrote in message

"RobDar" wrote in message
Do you then support pitbull fighting???

You know, if you're going to post about a breed, you might at least try
getting the name right. It's neither "PitBull" as in your header, nor
"pitbull" as above. It's American Pit Bull Terrier, which can be shortened
either to "Pit Bull" or APBT.

You are not seriously offended that I misused the spelling of this breed?

And I fail to see how any form of logical thinking could lead you from
Mark's statement that the video is propagandaish and lacking in needed
facts
(which it is; I've seen it before) to the conclusion that he supports the
"sport" of pit fighting.
The fact that idiots who do support the "sport" misuse their dogs has
little to do with the very real dual problems of false media hype of Pit
Bulls as human aggressive (very few of them are, but those few do horrific
damage when they attack), and well-meaning but ignorant do-gooding owners
who don't realize that they ARE seriously dog-aggressive, and fail to
control them around other dogs.

You are assuming that I assume or am implying he does support fighting. I
asked a question...a baseline question...not intended to imply or make
assumption. My question was simply to clarify. I was not arguing with him
nor questioning his beliefs. Sometimes a question is just a question.

I had never come to the conclusion that he supported fighting. I have come
to no conclusions about Mark at all. I do not draw conclusions on so little
evidence or on my own first impression.
I am fully aware of the issues surrounding the APBT.