Cocker with lump

Old November 27th 05, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Cocker with lump

I've just discovered a lump on the back of my dog's neck. I'm certain it
was not there yesterday and appears to have appeared quite suddenly. It's
about the size of a golf ball but doesn't appear to be attached to anything.
I'm taking him to the vet in the morning, but I'm worried and wonder what it
might be.

Any vets who might answer this for me?

Old November 28th 05, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Ben Franklin" wrote in message
. uk...
I've just discovered a lump on the back of my dog's neck. I'm certain it
was not there yesterday and appears to have appeared quite suddenly. It's
about the size of a golf ball but doesn't appear to be attached to

anything.
I'm taking him to the vet in the morning, but I'm worried and wonder what

it
might be.

Any vets who might answer this for me?

.........no vets here. The lump may have been there yesterday but you didn't
notice it. If it really did blow up that fast it's probably an abcess (cat
claw or splinter) or an insect sting.

Old November 28th 05, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"buglady" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Ben Franklin" wrote in message
. uk...
I've just discovered a lump on the back of my dog's neck. I'm certain it
was not there yesterday and appears to have appeared quite suddenly.
It's
about the size of a golf ball but doesn't appear to be attached to

anything.
I'm taking him to the vet in the morning, but I'm worried and wonder what

it
might be.

Any vets who might answer this for me?

........no vets here. The lump may have been there yesterday but you
didn't
notice it. If it really did blow up that fast it's probably an abcess
(cat
claw or splinter) or an insect sting.

Took him to the vet this morning and it seems to be an infection. She drew
off some fluid and prescribed Nisamox, an antibiotic. Have to take him back
if it hasn't cleared up when he's finished the tablets.

He's a very affectionate dog and gets lots of attention so I would have
noticed this before now.

Just hope the diagnosis was correct.

Old November 28th 05, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

It could be any number of things. Anything from a spider bit, bee sting,
infection or cyst. The best thing is get her to the vet and get it looked
at. I would personally ask the vet for a needle biopsy to be sure what's
going on. It's better safe than sorry and will only take a few minutes
time.

Celeste