Silly Belgian Girl--Dharma, now 18 wks.

Old November 28th 05, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Silly Belgian Girl--Dharma, now 18 wks.

http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/dharma6.html

Also, fun & silly boy-dog photos too...
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosn...ntry_dogs.html

Shelly w/ Coda & The Black Pack

Old November 28th 05, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Shelly & The Boys wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/dharma6.html

Also, fun & silly boy-dog photos too...
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosn...ntry_dogs.html

Shelly, she's lovely.

Lovely. Still a pity about those standing-up-ears, though. Have you
tried putting her in earmuffs 24 x 7 to try to get them to go down?

I had my black dawgs out hunting chukkar this weekend. A good time was
had by all! One of Hamish's littermates was there, and many photos
were taken, but not by me! If J gets some of them up on flickr this
week, I'll send pointers.

Hammie is now almost as tall as Storm, and we're starting to have
trouble figuring out which dog it is who bumped into us in the dark.
They were roaring around a field yesterday, and I noticed that H can
almost catch S in a straight line, but that S can corner much better.
H tends to skid or roll right over on the tight turns.

Hamish is at that alarming phase where elbows and knees are going every
which way. One day, I watch him and become convinced that he's
hopelessly cowhocked. The next day, the legs are fine, but his tailset
has gone all to hell. I know he'll come together, I just have to wait.
Maybe four years or so, but there it is. :-) He's making his show
debut at the Chiliwack Christmas show. Are you going?

As a result, to save my sanity, I'm focussing on performance work.
He's an honest little dog. When he gets something, he does it with
joy. When he doesn't, he makes it quite plain that he doesn't. We are
starting on casting... he understands the "over" signal to the left or
right, but just doesn't get "back!" yet. If he could talk, he'd be
saying, "Eh?" It's fun and easy to find alternative ways to teach
something when you know that the problem isn't willingness, but
confusion.

--
Kate
and Storm (got me two chukkar and almost a third, I did!)

Old November 28th 05, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"KWBrown" wrote in news:1133193873.741131.78870
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Hamish (did you say "back?" I can lie down! Is that it? No? How
'bout I sit. Is that it? No? Heel like this? No? What the hell do
you *want*, woman?)

This is Queenie all over. She will go through the whole repertoire
desperately trying to figure out what will get her that treat! She doesn't
seem to understand words very well...

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old November 28th 05, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Hamish (did you say "back?" I can lie down! Is that it? No? How
'bout I sit. Is that it? No? Heel like this? No? What the hell do
you *want*, woman?)

This is Queenie all over. She will go through the whole repertoire
desperately trying to figure out what will get her that treat! She doesn't
seem to understand words very well...

Maui used to do that too. He's better now but since he dislikes rolling
over, its more like a roll standing up most of the time (where he throws his
head over and spins in a circle). He will roll when he is really wants the
treat but I see the look of disdain on his face when I say roll over.

Cali on the other hand, will just sit there staring at me and not budge an
inch. I am working on down now but she just stays frozen in that sit
forever. So, I am using that to my advantage and working on getting her to
"stay" that well when I use the command at other times and in other places
in the house and out.

Old November 28th 05, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Shelly & The Boys" wrote in message
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/dharma6.html

Also, fun & silly boy-dog photos too...
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosn...ntry_dogs.html

Shelly w/ Coda & The Black Pack

great photos, I love the setting.

Old November 28th 05, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Shelly & The Boys wrote:

http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/dharma6.html

Also, fun & silly boy-dog photos too...
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosn...ntry_dogs.html

Shelly w/ Coda & The Black Pack

speaking of belgian's...i was flipping through the tv last week and saw
a realty show about swapping mates (I think the wife goes to live with
another family etc. Not sure what the correct title is). One of the
families had what looked like a belgian.

Darby
Old November 28th 05, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Shelly & The Boys" wrote in message
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/dharma6.html

Also, fun & silly boy-dog photos too...
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosn...ntry_dogs.html

Would you *please* stop feeding her Miracle Grow?!

She's adorable and she looks like she's grown half a foot since the last
pictures.

--
Tara

Old November 28th 05, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"KWBrown" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hammie is now almost as tall as Storm, and we're starting to have
trouble figuring out which dog it is who bumped into us in the dark.

You're another one feeding Miracle Grow. Where's the time gone? It seems
like yesterday, literally, that you were both posting baby puppy pics.

--
Tara

Old November 29th 05, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Tee" wrote in
:

"KWBrown" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hammie is now almost as tall as Storm, and we're starting to have
trouble figuring out which dog it is who bumped into us in the dark.

You're another one feeding Miracle Grow. Where's the time gone? It
seems like yesterday, literally, that you were both posting baby puppy
pics.

No kidding. He's definitely adolescent now, however. He's getting hairy
little nuts, lifting his leg, and trying on a bit of attitude.

It's almost cute - He's so patently adorable, even as he's trying hard to
convince you that he's Bad Stuff, that I have to work hard not to crack up.
My friend's cranky old bitches sort him out when he starts strutting and
put him right back in his place.

Black leather jackets and a pack of smokes don't really become this guy,
but I'm pretty sure he'll come to that conclusion on his own.

--
Kate
and Storm and Hamish the FCRs
Old November 29th 05, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

KWBrown said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

You're another one feeding Miracle Grow. Where's the time
gone? It seems like yesterday, literally, that you were
both posting baby puppy pics.

No kidding. He's definitely adolescent now, however.

I don't recall this with Murphy, but with Rocky, when he was a
puppy, I wanted him to stay that way forever - I loved that
stage. As it turned out, I loved every stage of his life and
wanted him to stay *that* way forever, even bratty adolescence.

It was the same way with Friday, though starting at 7 months.
Now that both of my current dogs are past 4 years old, I've
decided that 4 is the perfect age for my dogs. I mean it this
time. Unfortunately, "STAY!" doesn't work when applied to the
fourth dimension.

Dharma at 14 weeks. Shelly & The Boys Dog breeds 25 November 2nd 05 03:19 PM
Saskia's a Good Girl! White Monkey Dog behavior 0 October 29th 04 02:45 PM
Saskia's a Good Girl! White Monkey Dog behavior 0 October 29th 04 02:45 PM
Silly Pet Names Leah Dog behavior 2 October 29th 04 01:24 AM
Silly Pet Names Leah Dog behavior 0 October 28th 04 10:13 PM