Picture o' the Day

Old November 30th 05, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Picture o' the Day

harriet brown surveys her domain:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/68767726/

i just took this a few minutes ago. harriet *loves* to sit at the
corner of the deck and look out over "her" valley. as long as it's not
rainy or too cold, she'll sit there for hours. i'd really love to know
what goes on in her little pea brane.

http://www.cat-sidh.net || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

Never put a sock in a toaster.
-- Eddie Izzard
Old November 30th 05, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:56:05 -0500, shelly
wrote:

harriet brown surveys her domain:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/68767726/

i just took this a few minutes ago. harriet *loves* to sit at the
corner of the deck and look out over "her" valley. as long as it's not
rainy or too cold, she'll sit there for hours. i'd really love to know
what goes on in her little pea brane.

Ha. Cute. My brother's dog likes to do that, too. He does it from his
home deck, and when he visits here he has a special spot by the barn
that he likes to perch on.
Old December 1st 05, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

, clicked their heels and said:

i just took this a few minutes ago. harriet *loves* to sit at the
corner of the deck and look out over "her" valley. as long as it's not
rainy or too cold, she'll sit there for hours. i'd really love to know
what goes on in her little pea brane.

I have a whole lotta pics that need scanning, with my Golden, Teddy,
surveying a city alley and beyond. In many, my first foster puppy,
Indy, has the exact same pose, side-by-side with him. They always
seemed so deep in though, but who knows, maybe they were just waiting
for the milkbone truck.........

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old December 1st 05, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"shelly" wrote in message
harriet brown surveys her domain:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/68767726/

i just took this a few minutes ago. harriet *loves* to sit at the
corner of the deck and look out over "her" valley. as long as it's not
rainy or too cold, she'll sit there for hours. i'd really love to know
what goes on in her little pea brane.

great picture! I love her white spot on her back.

Old December 1st 05, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"shelly" wrote:

harriet *loves* to sit at the
corner of the deck and look out over "her" valley. as long as it's not

rainy or too cold, she'll sit there for hours.

Great shot!

i'd really love to know
what goes on in her little pea brane.

Be careful what you wish for. ;-D

Old December 1st 05, 11:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

on 2005-11-30 at 23:56 wrote:

Ha. Cute. My brother's dog likes to do that, too.

so harriet's not a freak, then! or, at least, if she is,
she's not alone.

He does it from his home deck, and when he visits here he has
a special spot by the barn that he likes to perch on.

maybe he's a doggie philosopher? i like to believe that's
harriet's "Thinker" pose, but she's probably just counting
bunnies or something like that. what's sweet is that if i sit
down next to her, she gives a contented little sigh to
acknowledge that i'm there, but then she just carries on
staring at whatever she stares at. it's a very peaceful way
to spend an hour or so.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old December 1st 05, 11:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

on 2005-11-30 at 19:04 wrote:

I have a whole lotta pics that need scanning, with my Golden,
Teddy, surveying a city alley and beyond. In many, my first
foster puppy, Indy, has the exact same pose, side-by-side
with him.

that's awfully sweet.

They always seemed so deep in though, but who knows, maybe
they were just waiting for the milkbone truck.........

exactly. she could be working on her plan for world
domination, a cure for cancer, or counting imaginary bunnies.
who knows? she seems perfectly content while she's doing it,
though, so whatever she's occupying her mind with must be
pleasant.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old December 1st 05, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

on 2005-11-30 at 22:12 wrote:

great picture! I love her white spot on her back.

thanks! the white spot is her "extra flash." Boxers with a
lot of white are "flashy," but harriet is mismarked (because
of the white spot) and has too much white for the breed
standard (up to 1/3 of the body can be white, but only on the
head, feet/legs, and belly), so i describe her as "extra
flashy."

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old December 1st 05, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

on 2005-11-30 at 23:13 wrote:

Great shot!

thanks!

Be careful what you wish for. ;-D

heh. good point. it's probably best not to know.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old December 1st 05, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

shelly wrote in
:

harriet brown surveys her domain:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97312041@N00/68767726/

i just took this a few minutes ago. harriet *loves* to sit at the
corner of the deck and look out over "her" valley. as long as it's not
rainy or too cold, she'll sit there for hours. i'd really love to know
what goes on in her little pea brane.

That's a great picture! She looks like she is having some quiet,
contemplative time. I wish dogs could tell us what they are thinking.

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow