Jealous 2-year-old **Please Help!!!!

Old December 6th 05, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Jealous 2-year-old **Please Help!!!!

I have a jealous boston terrier...Over the past week he has been going #1
and #2 in the house...Once even on the baby's bed!!! I love my dog, but
cannot have this. It's disgusting. What can I do to stop it???

Background:
Kipper has been a very needy dog since the day I brought him home. When
he was a puppy trying to get used to being crated for 4 hour periods
while
I was at work he had very bad separation anxiety which is not uncommon
for
the breed. He would go #2 in the crate and cry and moan so loud it
sounded like a newborn baby crying. I would hear him on my way out the
door and on my way back in after work. The neighbor said he didn't stop
much while I was gone. It was aweful. We lived in that apartment on
week
days and at my boyfriends house on the weekends. At the bf's place there
was a female chihuahua he didn't like at all. Kipper would pee on the
floor and go #2 every now and then. He was given the same attention.
The
2 dogs didn't get along at all. The female chi had a litter of chi pups.
Kipper liked the pups. The chi mom wouldn't let Kipper see the babies
until they were able to walk. She would ggrowl and try to bite him if he
got too close.

My BF gave me the runt of the litter. Kipper and the runt got along very
well. I named him Buzzie. Buzzie was so tiny. But, because Buzzie was
not trained because he was a baby, Kipper further regressed and started
having accidents at my place too. I tried to train them both. Then my
BF
and I broke up and I was back in the dating scene and taking one night
class a week. I moved in with my grandma for the holidays last year while
I tried to figure out what to do next. The dogs were crated at my parents
house while I was at work each day. Then I moved into another apartment.
Soon after that I met a new guy. So that meant more time alone for the
pups. They spent
too
much time alone. It was terrible. So, they were both very mad at me and
continued to have accidents. My new BF and I hung out a
lot
together. Went out at night together, etc. Dogs hated it. Finally my
BF
and I moved in together. My grandmas chi died at the same time. Trying
to train Buzzie and re-train Kipper was too much. I gave buzzie to
grandma who is retired and loved him to death. He is her baby and he
needed the constant attention I cannot give him. So, I think kipper
liked
being an only dog again. BF and I moved into a house with a fenced back
yard. Kipper was on cloud 9. The accidents stopped immediately. He was
calming down. Doing great. He was a normal 2-year-old dog. Some
fiestiness in him, but a good trained dog. Then my BF and I got full
custody of his 18-month-old baby. So obviously dinner time, bath-time,
diaper changing time, play time, story time, all takes away from Kipper
time. Now, I believe this is making kipper jealous. It didn't show up
right away. We have had full custody for 3 months now. Kipper just
started acting out by going #1 and #2 on the floor since we got back from
our 4 day camping trip over Thanksgiving. On that trip my mom (not a dog
owner) watched
him
at her place for me. He was a great dog for them too. My mom was very
impressed at how good he had become. Then we get back from the trip.
Since then he has peed a number of times in the dinning room, pooped in
the dinning room once, and peed on the baby's bed!!!! I don't
understand.
What do I do? This cannot continue. It is not sanitary. I try so hard
to spend extra time with him. He cries to get in my lap every night when
I am sitting in the chair or on the computer afte r the baby goes to bed.
He is 30# but I still let
him get up because he is so cute. I give him kisses on his head. I say
"
I love you Kipper MOnster." He curls up on me for a nap. He sleeps in
the
bed between my legs at night with my BF and me. I sneak him treats like
slice of ham or piece of block cheese when no one is looking. I throw
his toy to him a few times when he asks me to by holding it in front of
his face. He is crated while we are at work. 9 hours per day. But it
is
a huge 4 foot by 4 foot crate. We also go out for an hour or so a couple
of night a week to get groceries or stop by my BF's parents or friends.
We don't stay out long because the baby has to have a bath and go to bed
by 8:30 because he has to be up at 7:15 every morning. I know Kipper had
a really rough first year and a half with all the moving and changes, but
he was doing sooooooo good this past 6 months....I
don't understand why he has so drastically regressed again since
Thanksgiving weekend. Our current habits have been unchanged since we
moved into the house 3 months ago...So why NOW has Kipper started acting
out? More importantly HOW DO I FIX IT FAST BEFORE MY BF DROPS HIM OFF AT
THE POUND????? Kipper is my BABY!

Please Help!