changes in canidae?

Old December 15th 05, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default changes in canidae?

Has anyone else feeding Canidae noticed a change in the past few months
with their dogs? For the past month or two the boys have had dry skin
and have been scratching. I've also noticed that I'm having to feed
more of the Canidae than before to keep weight on Wojo. And, didn't the
company used to do feeding trials vs just formulating to aafco
standards? I need to call the company but keep not getting around to
it. -the story of my life.

Beth

Old December 16th 05, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On 15 Dec 2005 11:41:24 -0800, "
wrote:

Has anyone else feeding Canidae noticed a change in the past few months
with their dogs? For the past month or two the boys have had dry skin
and have been scratching. I've also noticed that I'm having to feed
more of the Canidae than before to keep weight on Wojo. And, didn't the
company used to do feeding trials vs just formulating to aafco
standards? I need to call the company but keep not getting around to
it. -the story of my life.

My adoption group is a Canidae dealer and I've had a couple of people
say their dogs stopped eating the food. I contacted the distributor
and he said there have been no changes in the formulation. My dogs
have continued to do fine on it, no changes or problems.

Mustang Sally

Old December 16th 05, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

sighthounds & siberians wrote:
On 15 Dec 2005 11:41:24 -0800, "
wrote:

Has anyone else feeding Canidae noticed a change in the past few months
with their dogs? For the past month or two the boys have had dry skin
and have been scratching. I've also noticed that I'm having to feed
more of the Canidae than before to keep weight on Wojo. And, didn't the
company used to do feeding trials vs just formulating to aafco
standards? I need to call the company but keep not getting around to
it. -the story of my life.

My adoption group is a Canidae dealer and I've had a couple of people
say their dogs stopped eating the food. I contacted the distributor
and he said there have been no changes in the formulation. My dogs
have continued to do fine on it, no changes or problems.

Mustang Sally

I'm not aware of the company EVER conducting feeding trials....for as
long as I can remember it's been "formulated" for puppies. As for
fixed formulas....that's something else that I don't think they have
ever done. It'll be interesting to hear what they tell you.

Old December 16th 05, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

sighthounds & siberians wrote:

My adoption group is a Canidae dealer and I've had a couple of people
say their dogs stopped eating the food. I contacted the distributor
and he said there have been no changes in the formulation. My dogs
have continued to do fine on it, no changes or problems.

Mustang Sally

I tried to get hold of the company yesterday. I'll have to try again
today. I am glad to know that I haven't been the only person that is
noticing differences. My boys are still eating it but I may not keep
feeding it.

Beth

Old December 16th 05, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On 16 Dec 2005 06:49:13 -0800, "
wrote:

sighthounds & siberians wrote:

My adoption group is a Canidae dealer and I've had a couple of people
say their dogs stopped eating the food. I contacted the distributor
and he said there have been no changes in the formulation. My dogs
have continued to do fine on it, no changes or problems.

Mustang Sally

I tried to get hold of the company yesterday. I'll have to try again
today. I am glad to know that I haven't been the only person that is
noticing differences. My boys are still eating it but I may not keep
feeding it.

Is there no possibility that the dry skin and scratching are due to
something other than their food, such as humidity level in the house?
I wouldn't say we've noticed differences; the couple of people who
said their dogs didn't want to eat it are the type who impulsively
change foods. One of the dogs in question was sick at the time, and I
encouraged his owner to at least get him diagnosed and work through
that before she changed foods, but she likes to make changes. I would
like to know what the company tells you, though, if you get a hold of
them. They're usually pretty responsive by email if you can't get
through by phone.

Mustang Sally

Old December 16th 05, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

wrote:

Is there no possibility that the dry skin and scratching are due to
something other than their food, such as humidity level in the house?
I wouldn't say we've noticed differences; the couple of people who
said their dogs didn't want to eat it are the type who impulsively
change foods. One of the dogs in question was sick at the time, and I
encouraged his owner to at least get him diagnosed and work through
that before she changed foods, but she likes to make changes. I would
like to know what the company tells you, though, if you get a hold of
them. They're usually pretty responsive by email if you can't get
through by phone.

Mustang Sally

I had thought about the heat finally being on and all of that but they
didn't have the problem last year. I still can't get through on the
phone. I'll have to send an email from home I suppose.

Beth

Science Diet, nutrients and quality ingredients? [email protected] Dog health 197 March 28th 05 09:53 AM
Whole Dog Food journal top 10? Rob Dog health 37 March 9th 05 10:01 PM
Canidae and Wellness Rob Dog health 5 February 28th 05 10:50 PM
canidae dog food in canada nox Dog health 3 August 15th 04 03:55 PM
Any thougths on Wal-Mart's Super Premium Maxximum Nutrition Dog Food? Nicolle Dog health 66 October 28th 03 09:16 PM