5MONTH OF PUPPY - SICK

Old December 18th 05, 10:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default 5MONTH OF PUPPY - SICK

I have a 5month old westie, and yesterday i took her to a walk in the
park and gave her half a biscuit and she threw it straight up. Then,
once i was home i looked in her bed and saw that she threw up in the
night as well. I gave her no breakfast and then a hard boiled egg for
tea (apparently thats what your meant 2 do?!)
Now its sunday 18th dec, and in her bed there is a tiny tiny bit of
sick. Shes not eating her breakfast, she is drinking lots.
What shall i do? Should i take her to the vet now or get through today
and take her tommorrow if its not any better?
Thanks, cosette. x

Old December 18th 05, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

hi there
when mine are sick or the rescue dogs are ill we give them scrambled
eggs made with milk to get protien inside them.
as she is taking fluids if she doesnt eat tomorrow and/or is sick again
i would book an emergency appointment for monday morning but if she
does get worse as in not wanting to move or her gums pale off take her
straight down today.

stay with her today. make her comfy in the room you spend most of your
time and try to keep everything quiet and low key.

Old December 18th 05, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

how is she? ive come back this aft to see if youve been here. hows she
looking now? still sick?

Old December 18th 05, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

let the cat have acces to water only and clean her bed. if she refuses
water leave her to reast. if she moves from her bed and wants to go
elsewhere, let her as cats like to hide when they are ill, and do not
think for one minute that i believe we are taking about cats. when i di
find the molesters that post here that is the only time the military
state we all live in will do anything about it. do not post here
unlessd you are speaking about animals.

Old December 18th 05, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"cosette" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I gave her no breakfast and then a hard boiled egg for
tea (apparently thats what your meant 2 do?!)

My preference is to give them something easily digested, like
plain boiled white rice.

What was in the vomit? (Yes, I poke around in my dogs' vomit.)

Old December 18th 05, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Hey its sunday now - she ate a little of scrambled egg this morning and
then tonight had some dog food and threw it up now. Her gums aren't
pale i dont think. I think i will make a vet appointment. x

Old December 18th 05, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

hi i checked back in again to see if youve been. let us know how you
got on at the vet. i wouldnt have gone to the dog food just yet youve
got to let her tummy settle,the plain boiled rice is a good idea but
not too much to start.

ROCKY eeewwww. i will have a quick look but poke around in it. ugh.now
theres a dedicated owner lol.

Old December 19th 05, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"dallygirl" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

ROCKY eeewwww. i will have a quick look but poke around in
it. ugh.now theres a dedicated owner lol.

Poking around in the vomit and poo of an ill dog is part of what
we signed up for - no LOL about it.

Old December 19th 05, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Old December 19th 05, 09:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

The vet said as shes drinking and acting normal, there was no need for
a vet appointment and to wait a few days! The puppy ate the mornings
egg, (she refused rice) and i think everything is on the right
track.....
Shes playing, and went on a walk so i think she may have pooed it out!
i hope...