Flat-Coated Retriever seeks new brother/sister

Old December 19th 05, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

Default Flat-Coated Retriever seeks new brother/sister

We currently have a 14 year old border collie, who is about to leave
us, and what we believe to be a flat-coated retriever. Our flat-coated
Gracie is about to be four, and is very attached to her brother.
Roscoe, our border probably won't be with us much longer. aGracie loves
Roscoe and she rarely leaves his side, and we are worried about what
his death will do to her, and we are afriad that it will make Gracie
become very depressed. Should we get her a friend now? or after he
passes away?

Also what is a good breed to look for to go with her? She is a very
high energy dog and will want someone to play with. We were thinking
maybe a Golden or a German Shepard. Does anyone have anythoughts.

Gracie is between 65-70 pounds and when I measured her she was about
23.5 inches tall from the shoulder. She is all black and does have the
longer hair. Very energetic and smart, she learned soon after we got
her how to open our bedroom doors. She really is just a people dog, she
wants to be around people all the time.

Below are some pictures of her. What do you think? Flat-coat or not?
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...2/101_0545.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e-101_0632.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...einherpool.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/Gracie07.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/101_0791.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/101_0387.jpg

Old December 20th 05, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

"eagle05" wrote in news:1135029225.175786.26210
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Below are some pictures of her. What do you think? Flat-coat or not?

She's cute! She looks a lot like the Queener, although with less goofy
ears. Here are some pix:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/catherinepix/queenie

Queenie's mother is a Golden Retriever. Her father is unknown, but best
guess is Border Collie.

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow