3rd dog time

Old December 19th 05, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default 3rd dog time

Well, only temporary. Franklin's Christmas present is a 5.5 month old
Golden puppy. I doubt he'll be with me much past that, but for now,
he'll have a better Christmas than being in the shelter. So far, I'm
his 3rd home.

I need a name (Simba just doesn't cut it for me). Rudy (the
red-coated Golden) is a contender, as is Nicky (as in St) for the time
of year. Any creative and unique suggestions welcome.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old December 19th 05, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Janet B said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Any creative and unique suggestions welcome.

Jebus.

Old December 19th 05, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On 19 Dec 2005 21:59:39 GMT, Rocky , clicked
their heels and said:

Jebus.

yanno, i don't think i can do that....... but thanks!

Old December 20th 05, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Janet B" wrote in message
Well, only temporary. Franklin's Christmas present is a 5.5 month old
Golden puppy. I doubt he'll be with me much past that, but for now,
he'll have a better Christmas than being in the shelter. So far, I'm
his 3rd home.

I need a name (Simba just doesn't cut it for me). Rudy (the
red-coated Golden) is a contender, as is Nicky (as in St) for the time
of year. Any creative and unique suggestions welcome.

Lucky pup...too bad he's not a froo-froo. Then you could call him Tinsel.

Shelly w/ Coda & The Black Pack, Bodhi & Dharma

Old December 20th 05, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Janet B wrote:
Well, only temporary. Franklin's Christmas present is a 5.5 month old
Golden puppy. I doubt he'll be with me much past that, but for now,
he'll have a better Christmas than being in the shelter. So far, I'm
his 3rd home.

I need a name (Simba just doesn't cut it for me). Rudy (the
red-coated Golden) is a contender, as is Nicky (as in St) for the time
of year. Any creative and unique suggestions welcome.

Fox or Foxx
Todd (middle english: fox)
Rojo (spanish: red)
Clancy (gaelic: red warrior)
Rufus (latin: red-haired)
Russell (french: little red one)

Kathleen

Old December 20th 05, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Janet B wrote in
:

Well, only temporary. Franklin's Christmas present is a 5.5 month old
Golden puppy. I doubt he'll be with me much past that, but for now,
he'll have a better Christmas than being in the shelter. So far, I'm
his 3rd home.

I need a name (Simba just doesn't cut it for me). Rudy (the
red-coated Golden) is a contender, as is Nicky (as in St) for the time
of year. Any creative and unique suggestions welcome.

GIF
GIF
GIF!

I'll bet Franklin is overjoyed. Is this red little boy from very field-y
lines? The red ones often are.

You have eight + one reindeer names to play with - I'm fond of Blitzen and
Comet, myself.

You have three magi: Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar.

Star, Snow, Gabriel...

Or you leave him un-named and rename Lucy instead, who I'm sure wouldn't
mind in the good cause of having dogs named:

Golden, Franklincense, and Myrrh.

--
Kate
and Storm and Hamish the FCRs
Old December 20th 05, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Janet B" wrote in message

I need a name (Simba just doesn't cut it for me). Rudy (the
red-coated Golden) is a contender, as is Nicky (as in St) for the time
of year. Any creative and unique suggestions welcome.

George.

"I think I'll call him George. And I will pet him and I will hug
him........"

How *does* that routine go?

It's not unique but it works for me.

~~Judy
who once tried to convince some kids to name their cat Spot. He was all
white with one large black spot on top of his head. I thought he pretty
much named himself but the kids didn't seem to agree.

Old December 20th 05, 05:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:49:09 -0500, "Judy"
wrote:

who once tried to convince some kids to name their cat Spot. He was all
white with one large black spot on top of his head. I thought he pretty
much named himself but the kids didn't seem to agree.

When I was in college, I got one of those houseplants that has the
pink spots on the leaves and named it Spot. One of my roommates used
the pet plant named Spot as a date distinguisher. The reaction of the
date to the idea of Spot had a lot to do with whether there would be a
second date.

--
Paula
Persons with names like Sierra, Sequoia, Auburn, and Rainbow can't sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.
Old December 20th 05, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On 20 Dec 2005 01:05:37 GMT, KWBrown ,
clicked their heels and said:

I'll bet Franklin is overjoyed. Is this red little boy from very field-y
lines? The red ones often are.

He's from strong Missouri puppy-mill lines

You have eight + one reindeer names to play with - I'm fond of Blitzen and
Comet, myself.

Yeah - been through the list. We're going with the +1 - he is the
most important one after all.

Or you leave him un-named and rename Lucy instead, who I'm sure wouldn't
mind in the good cause of having dogs named:

Golden, Franklincense, and Myrrh.

groannnnnnnnnnn.. Too silly, but I like Franklincense (now, why
doesn't he actually HAVE any? ;-D). Lucy says Myrrh just doesn't cut
it, but thanks!

Old December 20th 05, 01:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Paula" wrote in message
When I was in college, I got one of those houseplants that has the
pink spots on the leaves and named it Spot.

You already *had* one named Dotty?

One of my roommates used
the pet plant named Spot as a date distinguisher. The reaction of the
date to the idea of Spot had a lot to do with whether there would be a
second date.

I can see the value in that.

~~Judy