H.D (hip dysplaicure)

Old December 20th 05, 10:58 AM
morgan4eva morgan4eva is offline
Member

Default H.D (hip dysplaicure)

my dog has been diagnosed with H.D,
it came as a big shock to me! so we went out and bought this magnetic collar! as it had been recommanded to me! it has worked wonders! she now jumps up and runs about more! she is like a new dog!

thanks to everyone that helped me! sasha is very pleased as well!
Attached Images

__________________
SaShA**LoVe HeR NoT hAtE HeR.**

Last edited by morgan4eva : December 20th 05 at 11:15 AM.
Old December 20th 05, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

What exactly is a magnetic collar?...Some type of quick release device?...GG

"morgan4eva" wrote in message

my dog has been diagnosed with H.D,
it came as a big shock to me! so we went out and bought this magnetic
collar! as it had been recommanded to me! it has worked wonders! she
now jumps up and runs about more! she is like a new dog!

thanks to everyone that helped me! sasha is very pleased as well!

|Filename: S3500029.JPG |
|Download: http://www.forumsbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15|

morgan4eva

Old December 21st 05, 06:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Gary G wrote:

What exactly is a magnetic collar?...

Snake oil.....
Old December 21st 05, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

That's what I thought but I wanted to give the benefit of doubt...GG

Old December 21st 05, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"morgan4eva" wrote in message

my dog has been diagnosed with H.D,
it came as a big shock to me! so we went out and bought this magnetic
collar! as it had been recommanded to me! it has worked wonders! she
now jumps up and runs about more! she is like a new dog!

thanks to everyone that helped me! sasha is very pleased as well!

|Filename: S3500029.JPG |
|Download: http://www.forumsbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15|

morgan4eva

I was about to ask for advice on this subject. My Rotty, aged only 6, has
hip dysplacia. About a year ago I bought a 'bio-flow' collar, reduced his
exercise and gave him daily doses of fish oils, painkillers and glucosamine.
It really helped, he was like a new dog!
Now he is 7 months older and facing another winter. He lives in the house
and is loved and pampered but he still seems to be suffering.
He is upset and grumpy with everyone. The vet says he might be able to give
him more painkillers. I'm upset to say the least. I'm not sure how to decide
when he should be put to sleep. His quality of life is not very good, his
physical problems have taken that away.
I don't want to be selfish..............when should I make the final
decision? How should I make it? How do I live with it?
Regards,
Denise

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old December 21st 05, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Denise" said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

I don't want to be selfish..............when should I make
the final decision? How should I make it?

An old regular used to say: Select three things your dog has
always loved to do (that could be eating, walks, etc.). Once he
shows no interest or is incapable of doing two of them, it's
time to start considering that maybe he's already made the
decision for you.

Balance that off with other quality of life issues that are
specific to your relationship with your Rottie.

There's nothing more difficult than making the decision you've
been confronted with. Good luck, it's one many of us have
faced. Your best support is a veterinarian whom you trust.

How do I live with it?

You just do. Trite, but true.

Old December 24th 05, 12:28 AM
morgan4eva morgan4eva is offline
Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
magnet collars, are collars with some sort of magnet insearted in the collar! this sooths pain with arthuritis. it is also used on people! it works very much so like a bi-flow collar. my dog has got a very got arthuritis quite badly. but you wouldnt know it! she is lookingfine. her legs have got more muscley!
at the moment she is on a painkiller called METACAM its especially for dogs. H.D is covered on insurance and so are the painkilllers! she gets 25ml but she at the moment is doing fine and is like a new dog she jumps up (although she is not supposed to!) i would definatly recommend it to anyone!
xx morgan4eva
__________________
SaShA**LoVe HeR NoT hAtE HeR.**
Old December 24th 05, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

magnet collars, are collars with some sort of magnet insearted in the
collar! this sooths pain with arthuritis. it is also used on people! it
works very much so like a bi-flow collar. my dog has got a very got
arthuritis quite badly. but you wouldnt know it! she is lookingfine.
her legs have got more muscley!
at the moment she is on a painkiller called METACAM its especially for
dogs.

So is your dog receiving comfort from the Metacam or the magetic gizmo?

Old December 24th 05, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

H.D (hip dysplaicure)

Group: rec.pets.dogs.health Date: Fri, Dec 23, 2005, 11:28pm (EST+5)
From: (morgan4eva)
Rocky Wrote:
"Denise"
said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:
--
morgan4eva

I had our 11 year old dog on METACAM. Had to get 2 of them a month. Took
her off it but not soon enough. Everytime she goes to the bathroom it's
like diarrear. I know it's because of that medicine. Infact I just threw
away a full unopen bottle & one that was partially used. Also a friend
of mine gave it to her dog & 10 days later her dog died. It may help
your dog but at the end it's going to kill your dog too. I believe it
affects the liver

Old December 24th 05, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Keep track of the good days and bad days. When there are more bad days than
good days then it may be time to consider putting him to rest. You really
just know inside when it's time.