Age of dog/ personality

Old December 22nd 05, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Age of dog/ personality

I rescued a female rottweiler from the local animal shelter about a
year ago. She was picked up as a stray and had no ID, so I don't know
how anything about her except that she is a very loving dog, friendly
toward EVERYBODY (except cats!!), and very happy to have a home. I
have a few questions that some of you may have guesses or comments
about.

She has just started going gray on her chin. Any idea how old she
might be?

I've read that Rotts should never be chained, or had a heavy hand used
with them. I don't chain dogs or use a heavy hand anyway, but she has
some serious scars around her neck from something thin like a cable.
If her personality is stable now is it likely to remain so?

Thanks for any thoughts you have. - Lise

Old December 22nd 05, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

i think your dog is suffering from learned helplessness.

Old December 22nd 05, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Suvyashtche,nnaya
Kinga
Tota

Velikiye
Taro
The Sacred
Book
of
Toth
Life is sacred read it- instead oof books that take up toomuch space
unless you are helping someone who is in need or you are **** the books
GO DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEone Else Or face the music of your own pathetic
choice!

Old December 22nd 05, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

aleph
beth
gimel
daleth
he
waw
zayin
heth
teth
yod
kaph
lamed
mem
nun
same,kh
ayin
pe
sad,he
qo,ph
resh
sin
shin
taw

Old December 23rd 05, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Hey Lise....congratulations for resucing a rotti...they are a wonderful
breed of dog.
We rescued our boy when he was 6 and he started going grey about a year or
so later. That would put him at 7-8 when the grey first started to appear.
Today he's 9 and is mostly grey under his chin, but you sure wouldn't know
it by his personality. :-)

Ours was also chained, abused and we suspect had been in more than one
dog-fight...like yours has the scars to prove it. Anyway, it's amazing how
he settled down once he felt safe and loved in our home. I can't believe
that he was so damned neglected...he's just an amazing boy and a welcome
addition to our family. No doubt your girl will be just fine once she
settles down. :-)

oups.com...

Old December 23rd 05, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

She has just started going gray on her chin. Any idea how old she
might be?

Saskia, my Great Dane, has quite a bit of grey on her muzzle now, and she'll
be 2 in February. But as was stated, some dogs can go prematurely grey; I
don't think it should be expected at this age.
--Katrina