Need recommendation for dry food brands for Bichon

Old December 24th 05, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Need recommendation for dry food brands for Bichon

I have a 10 months old Bichon. I can't seem to really understand which dry
food he likes. I have tried Eukanuba, Science Diet, and Natural Choice. He
hates them all. The only way he has been surviving is by eating soft food
at night (Which he seems to like). Can anyone please recommend some brand
names, which he will like as well which are good for his health.

I would greatly appreciate the comments.

Ash

Old December 24th 05, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:33:29 -0500, "Ash" ,
clicked their heels and said:

The only way he has been surviving is by eating soft food
at night (Which he seems to like).

as long as you keep offering that, he'll hold out. There's nothing
wrong with feeding a "soft" food diet, if it's not junk food. OTOH,
if you want him eating a dry food, pick a few and get samples, and
then stick with it, not offering the soft food or treats until he's
established a consistent routine of eating the food when it's
presented (give him 15 minutes and remove the food and nothing until
the next meal time). There was a recent thread on this, where Maui
and Cali were turned into scheduled eaters. You might want to take a
look and take it to heart.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old December 25th 05, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

there is absolutely no question that natural choice is the superior
brand as it is made in canada and has strict sefty gudlines as to
contaminate the dog food while it exposed to bacteria and such like
things, i do recomend the vegetarin choice in natural choice or in fact
any brand that makes vegetarian dog food is good due to the fact that
dogs are happier on a vegetarian diet. now adding dulce or kelp and
engavita yeast to the food is aalso good, along with enzimes fro
sprouts or grated carrot for example also help, it does exend the life
of the dog due to the lack of oxalic acid and other such like blood
reactions that can happen on dog foods that have meat by product with
addatives as it is after all a risk to give the dog meat and so it is
prudent of the dog food companies to add the perservatives due to risk
factor in leaving out the chmiclas and ending up with samonela or
botchulisum, so the do add it and that is a good thing, i do also
advocate the use of raw meat that is freshly cut for the dog, as
comercial meat is not as good as fresh made food however even though my
owner does give me the vegetarian dog food she does give me raw meat
now and then due to the fact that i am a show dog and shoiw dogs must
by law have raw meat or they are not able to show the dog as the blood
is tested at every show like the steroid problem is rampant in dog
shows and so my owner makes me raw meat so that i do not have some
jealous breeder slip me some poison inti the comercial dog food as it
is like girls and women who trust strangers and accept drinks from them
and they get raped and forget what happened to them as they felt better
from knowing the rape drug was used on them and until they found out
what had happened they felt confused, and so even though the rape was
dradfuel the women due know that it is one of the dangers of our modern
day, and so they do find they never use rape drugs again and such like
things as pertained to any form of viloence and the women never take a
drink wiyhou it being in a bottle with a cap, so that they do not make
themselves vulnerablke to starngers and it the same for dogs. that is
why my owner makes me raw dog food for shoing only. i hope this helps .

Old December 26th 05, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

wrote:

I have a 10 months old Bichon. I can't seem to really understand which dry
food he likes. I have tried Eukanuba, Science Diet, and Natural Choice. He
hates them all. The only way he has been surviving is by eating soft food
at night (Which he seems to like). Can anyone please recommend some brand
names, which he will like as well which are good for his health.

I would greatly appreciate the comments.

Ash

I'm convinced my Bichon will eat anything, including celery, that I
will. We feed our dogs Purina Moist and Meaty.
Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
Lubbock, Texas
rkinserlow at cox dot net
homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
Old December 27th 05, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

wrote:
there is absolutely no question that natural choice is the superior
brand as it is made in canada and has strict sefty gudlines as to
contaminate the dog food while it exposed to bacteria and such like
things,

False - Canada's pet food guidelines are no different that the US. As
an example, remember that Pet Curean - the manufacturers of Go! Natural
are also Canadian and that food caused the deaths of several dogs on
the west coast earlier this year.

i do recomend the vegetarin choice in natural choice or in fact
any brand that makes vegetarian dog food is good due to the fact that
dogs are happier on a vegetarian diet.

False - Dogs are not small humans and imposing a human personal choice
of vegetarian is simply playing politics with your dog. It certainly is
possible to feed a dog a vegetarian food, but there is no known
advantage to doing so.

now adding dulce or kelp and
engavita yeast to the food is aalso good, along with enzimes fro
sprouts or grated carrot for example also help, it does exend the life
of the dog due to the lack of oxalic acid and other such like blood
reactions that can happen on dog foods that have meat by product with
addatives as it is after all a risk to give the dog meat and so it is
prudent of the dog food companies to add the perservatives due to risk

False - the vast majority of pet foods today are preserved with vitamin
E, C, rosemary and other natural antioxidants.

factor in leaving out the chmiclas and ending up with samonela or
botchulisum, so the do add it and that is a good thing, i do also
advocate the use of raw meat that is freshly cut for the dog, as
comercial meat is not as good as fresh made food however even though my
owner does give me the vegetarian dog food she does give me raw meat
now and then due to the fact that i am a show dog and shoiw dogs must
by law have raw meat

False - and utter nonsense - there is no "law" requiring meat be fed
show dogs - that is utter nonsense

The rest of this utter craziness is snipped