WAS Dog Put to Sleep and I am a Mess

Old March 3rd 04, 05:35 PM
Cineabeagle

Default WAS Dog Put to Sleep and I am a Mess

Hello Everyone,

In January I posted about putting my 14 year old beagle to sleep. Many of you
took the time to reply. I just want to let you know how much your words
helped, and how grateful I am that there were many kind people who let a little
sadness in their lives (reading my post and writing back) in order to help me
through mine. I was so devastated when I posted, and I can tell you that with
each person who wrote to me, the pain got a little bit better. Anyway, I just
wanted to let you all know how much it meant to me to hear such kind, wise
words and also to let you know that whether you realize it or not, you helped
someone in a very meaningful
way, someone who was in terrible pain. I have worked through it now, and
though I still miss her so much, I can look at her picture and feel some
happiness in the memories, rather than just sadness. Thank you and bless you
all.

Lee
Old March 4th 04, 04:58 PM
Cineabeagle

Lee, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Did you get another dog?
14 years is a long time to be with a dog and lose it.
My old dog has been gone 30 minutes, and I'm a wreck, and HE'S coming back!

Danny got left at the groomers. I always bath him myself, but my niece
wanted to use him as a project in school (she did Reka yesterday). There
was no place for me to sit and wait, so I had to leave him, or be in the
way.
I've left him 30 minutes ago, and already I feel like I'm standing in a
crowded stadium NEKKID!

Funny how Reka was gone all day, and I was fine. Danny is gone a few
minutes, and my life is askew.

I keep talking to him, looking for him, dropping my hand to skritch him.
I'm feeling VERY empty now.

I can only imagine how you feel knowing your dog is forever gone. I'm
sorry.

Thank you. I'm glad for you that Danny is still in your life bringing you such
joy. Enjoy those moments... As far as a new dog, when my baby went I swore I
would never get another dog and go though that pain again, BUT I saw a sweet
little dog the other day and boy did I think about it. I think it is close to
time to getting a new girl. I will probably go to the shelter and get one who
really needs a home. Please give Danny a belly scratch and a treat for me when
he gets home

Lee