need a home for a dog in Altoona, PA

Old December 29th 05, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

Default need a home for a dog in Altoona, PA

I have a three year old dog...I believe that he is a border collie /
akita mix, but I am not sure because he was adopted from the Humane
Society. I love him dearly, which is why I am looking for a home for
him. Originally, he belonged to my rommate and I. When I bought a
house and moved, she did not want him. I work full time and often go
away on weekends. He is an energetic dog and needs someone who can
devote more time to him (and give him more room to run). He loves
being with other dogs and likes cats, too (although, as with everything
else, he often trys to chew on cats - I have three - and they don't
tend to care for it too much). He does like to chew and seems to have
a bottomless stomach, so he needs to be monitored (can't be left to
roam a house when no one is home). He barks to be let out to use the
potty and likes to take walks. He is pretty good in a car. He has a
lifetime registration and has received consistant veterinary care. He
must go to a good home, and must not be chained outside. If
interested, please email me with your contact information at
.

Old December 29th 05, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

as he was a rescue from the humane society you really need to contact
them. here in the uk most rescues including the one i belong to will
ask that you sign a contract staing that if you dont want the animal
for any reason he must be returned to the rescue he was adopted from.

please double check this.

Old December 30th 05, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

The humane society in Altoona is a kill shelter I can see why she is
reluctant to take him there.

I would try try PAWs in Centre County http://centrecountypaws.org/index.cfm
or even Dogs Deserver better http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/home.html
maybe one of them can put you in contact with someone who can either take
him in or foster him for one of the groups.

Good luck
Celeste

oups.com...

Old December 30th 05, 11:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

thankyou spot as a brit i am not aware on hwos kill and whos no kill.
apart from save the dals a no kill shelter. thankyou for putting me
straight.