Chihuahua Puppies available, Free Care & Training Advice

Old December 29th 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Chihuahua Puppies available, Free Care & Training Advice

Visit http://www.ArizonaPups.com for our selection of Chihuahua puppies from ethical breeders who care. Free LOST DOG listings for Chihuahua owners in the USA and Canada. Lost a Chihuahua? List your dog and let us help bring your pet home. Need free training tips and advice for any type of dog? Visit http://advice.azpuppies.com
Old December 29th 05, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article 7QTsf.1657$V.117@fed1read04,
Toy Puppies Care wrote:
Visit http://www.xxx.com for our selection of Chihuahua
puppies from ethical breeders who care.

Now *this* is a timely example of the sorts of jerks who
advertise on dogbreedinfo, and who you want to avoid dealing
with if you care about getting a quality puppy.

Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community.
Old December 29th 05, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

on 2005-12-29 at 11:22 wrote:

Now *this* is a timely example of the sorts of jerks who
advertise on dogbreedinfo, and who you want to avoid dealing
with if you care about getting a quality puppy.

but, they're ethical breeders who care!1!! the problem is,
the spammity spam doesn't clearly state what it is they care
*about*: money.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old December 29th 05, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Toy Puppies Care" wrote in message
Visit http://www.ArizonaPups.com for our selection of Chihuahua puppies

from ethical breeders who care. Free LOST DOG listings for Chihuahua owners
in the USA and Canada. Lost a Chihuahua? List your dog and let us help bring
your pet home. Need free training tips and advice for any type of dog? Visit
http://advice.azpuppies.com

Oh. My. God. Where. to. start.

I kept scrolling down through the website trying to figure out where to
start listing the many ways this is the complete antithesis of ethical
breeders. Virtually every sentence screamed "PUPS FOR BUCKS!!!!". "Send us
$2000 and we'll send you a tiny puppy of unknown heritage and unknown
genetics but unlike those other so-called ethical breeders, we won't limit
your ability to duplicate our money-making scheme by setting up your own
breeding program." Assuming your puppy lives that long.

I kind of liked the idea where you should find out if your pup may be show
quality by waiting until he is six months old and then showing him to a
retired AKC judge to get an objective opinion. That was kind of fun.

But for the number one reason I kept returning to the idea that you aren't
allowed to actually see the puppies - even if you are willing to drive
there - because the risk of you transmitting parvo to the puppies is so
great that they don't allow anyone to actually see the puppies first. (And
for supporting evidence, they include information about the canine flu.)

And then I got to the part where they suggest - also because of the risk of
parvo - that since the puppy will be shipped to you already having been
examined by their veterinarian that it would be unnecessary (and even
risky!) to take the pup to your own vet until it was time for additional
vaccinations.

Oh, and any health problems that may arise after you receive the pup are
your problems, not their concern.

Those poor dogs.

~~Judy

Old December 30th 05, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Toy Puppies Care wrote:

*spam spam spamity spam*

Ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick
ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick
ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick
ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick
ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick
ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick
ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick
ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick...

*MY* favorite part was the fact that they've got an affiliate
program so that you can earn money by referring people to their
pupz-for-bucks site. As I said, ick ick ick ick ick ick ick.

OTOH, the site abounds with examples of things to avoid when
looking for a responsible, ethical breeder. So in the end, I
guess it's not a total wash.

Dianne