Chinese Crested breeders

Old December 30th 05, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Chinese Crested breeders

I'm looking for a male hairless Chinese Crested in the state of Virginia for
stud to my female hairless Chinese Crested.

Old December 30th 05, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"MusicMan2020" wrote in message
I'm looking for a male hairless Chinese Crested in the state of Virginia

for
stud to my female hairless Chinese Crested.

Is pimping legal in the state of Virginia?

And do you have any other requirements for this stud beyond that he reside
in Virginia?

And are you aware of the incredible responsibility of breeding hairless
Chinese Cresteds? That whole calcium absorption thing would make me
incredibly concerned about producing dogs with no teeth and with bones that
snap when they jump off the bed.

~~Judy

Old December 30th 05, 12:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

I've been breeding Chinese Cresteds for 5 years. They're from champion
bloodlines, if that matters, and I haven't had any problems. We have 3 at
home. I have photos on Webshots.com under Chinese Cresteds and my ID is
mycamper21. There's Nellie, Mr.T and Brewster and pictures together as
"family". Nellie has had 3 litters by the same stud, which were quality
litters, and I wanted her last litter to be with a different male. My only
requirements is that the male be a pure Chinese Crested. Not trying to
"pimp"! I'm also very aware of the nutritional needs of our dogs and
they're in excellent health.

Old December 30th 05, 12:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article _S9tf.21018$9G.4181@dukeread10,
MusicMan2020 wrote:
My only
requirements is that the male be a pure Chinese Crested.

So, basically, you're not making an effort to distinguish
between a runty, stupid, wheezy Chinese Crested and a
healthy, brilliant Chinese Crested? Why not?

Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community.
Old December 30th 05, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

on 2005-12-30 at 07:38 wrote:

They're from champion bloodlines, if that matters,

first, tell me what that means, then i'll tell you if it
matters.

and I haven't had any problems.

that you know of. what sort of health testing has been done
on your breeding dogs? siblings? offspring? parents?
grandparents? great-grandparents? great-great-grandparents?

Nellie has had 3 litters by the same stud,

why did you do repeat breedings?

which were quality litters, and I wanted her last litter to
be with a different male. My only requirements is that the
male be a pure Chinese Crested.

so you don't care about conformation, temperament, or health?
even the worst backyard breeders at least pay lip service to
caring about health and temperament.

Not trying to "pimp"!

there is no try, only do or do not. and, i'm afraid, you *do*
pimp your dogs. HTH!

I'm also very aware of the nutritional needs of our dogs and
they're in excellent health.

do you have any objective evidence of this?

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
Old December 30th 05, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Nellie has had 3 litters by the same stud, which were quality
litters, and I wanted her last litter to be with a different male.

So you consider it appropriate to breed her four times? Most responsible
breeders I know limit their bitches to two litters with an occasional third
before retiring them.

They would have been trying to *improve* the breed each time. You seem to
be only after a male with working parts and a convenient driving distance.

If she had three "quality" litters from the same stud, why change now? Did
he move away?

My only
requirements is that the male be a pure Chinese Crested.

No "champion bloodlines" required? What about actual championships? What
about health testing?

I'm also very aware of the nutritional needs of our dogs and
they're in excellent health.

Do your dogs have all their teeth? Do they have ANY teeth? The calcium
problems in the hairless Cresteds is not a nutritional problem, it's a
genetic one. And it's connected to the same gene that creates the hairless
version. Which is why responsible Crested breeders include powderpuffs in
their breeding programs. What are you doing to address that?

~~Judy

chinese Crested Powder Puff William Dog breeds 2 December 15th 05 06:00 PM
Chinese Crested Hairless Adults need new homes AbundanceAbounds Dog rescue 0 November 8th 05 08:59 PM
Chinese Crested Lover littlegirlheb Dog behavior 3 September 23rd 05 03:35 AM
Chinese Crested Michelle Dog breeds 0 March 21st 04 12:32 AM
Wanted: Hairless Chinese Crested Girl Eric Dog breeds 1 December 5th 03 09:33 PM