Looking for a Kerry Blue Terrier breeder in florida

Old December 31st 05, 07:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Looking for a Kerry Blue Terrier breeder in florida

i had a kerry blue terrier when i was growing up. he was the best dog i
had ever had. i would like to find a breeder in florida and get another
one. i have googled for hours with no luck. everything i find has old
data that is no longer active. does anyone have any info on a florida
kerry blue breeder?? thanx so much.

Old December 31st 05, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

wrote in message
oups.com...
i had a kerry blue terrier when i was growing up. he was the best dog i
had ever had. i would like to find a breeder in florida and get another
one. i have googled for hours with no luck. everything i find has old
data that is no longer active. does anyone have any info on a florida
kerry blue breeder?? thanx so much.

I suggest that you start at the AKC website www.akc.org

The Breed page on Kerry Blues will have contact information for their
national club and probably also local clubs and rescues - some of which may
be near you. The national club will have a contact person that can provide
you with a list of member-breeders in your area. I'm guessing they also
will have a website for the national club that will give you information on
locating and recognizing a responsible breeder. (Information can also be
found concerning this at www.dog-play.com )

You can also use the AKC page to locate local AKC breed clubs. They will
usually have contact information - either a website or an e-mail address.
Local clubs have a designated person to handle inquiries about locating
breeders.

You can also check at AKC for shows in your area - Florida in the winter
must have a bunch of them. Go to a show or two or three and talk with the
Kerry people there.

(Yes, they really will be friendly and happy to talk with you about *their*
breed! If you're respectful of their scheduling needs for ring time - which
is a relatively small part of their day - you're likely to quickly locate
someone who will talk your ear off. Just before they go into the show ring
is NOT a good time but almost any other time would likely be fine.)

Good luck!

~~Judy

Old December 31st 05, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Judy" wrote in message
Local clubs have a designated person to handle inquiries about locating
breeders.

A caveat on this - some of the local clubs are better at this than others.
Contact more than one. When I was looking for a breeder I contacted four
local clubs. One responded that they had no information. Two never
responded. The fourth - which was based a couple of hours east of me - gave
me the name of a person to call (who no longer was breeding but would know
who to call) who immediately provided me the contact information for a
breeder three hours west of me. Turned out that I *had* tried to contact
this person but the link had been entered incorrectly. But it all ended
well.

~~Judy