Min Pin question

Old January 3rd 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Min Pin question

We just adopted a min pin terrier from a shelter. The former owner had
caged it and beat it about the head so that there is a small
indentation. I did a google search on them and have found them to be
highly energized and spastic. The dog is about a year old. What is
the best way to go about training the dog? He has slipped his collar
twice and yesterday I took him to a fenced in track at a local college
and he got through the one locked gate and took off and got out to a
highway. Luckily my other dog and I tracked him down. But will he
always be like this? It's a challenge. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Old January 3rd 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Try a Harness and not a collar.. I'm sure if i put a collar on my dog he'd
probably slip right outta it too... my Min Pin is almost two years old now
and for the first year..everytime outside.. whether it was just playing in
the yard or taking him for walks .. he always had on his harness.. .. now a
year later.. i can let him run free in my non fenced in backyard.. he
quickly learned his boundries.. now of course when i take him for a walk..
harness and leash are back on... but def try a harness .. they cant' slip
outta them nearly as easy...

question askmars Dogs - general 0 June 26th 04 06:56 AM
AskMars - Labrador Health question testn Dog behavior 0 May 17th 04 04:20 AM
AskMars - Labrador Health question testn Dog behavior 0 May 17th 04 04:20 AM
AskMars - Labrador Health question testn Dog behavior 0 May 17th 04 04:20 AM
Question for those who've bred dogs - or seen it happening FurPaw Dog behavior 94 November 12th 03 04:51 AM