jack russell terrier behaviors?

Old January 3rd 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default jack russell terrier behaviors?

We have a 5 month old male JRT who seems to have a bit of an aggressive
streak. He does not like to be disturbed when he is sleeping, and is
not fond of strangers. Does anyone have
any similar experiences with JRT's?

Old January 3rd 06, 08:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

jack russel TERRIORS, are very AGGRESIVE and TERRITORIAL, so respect
his SPACE! Never FORCE the dog OUT of itès SLEEP!!!
isis!
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ
**************************
?????????????????????????????????################# ################################################## ###############
love to SEE the STARS!*************************************!
Old January 3rd 06, 08:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

show dog, you are still drunk from the canadian rye whiskey! now stop
showing off so much you need to rest for the next showing. i have all
your grooming supplies ready and here you go getting drunk on me!
now go have some water and sleep it of!
isis!

Old January 3rd 06, 10:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

where is the evidence?
show me the evidence please!

Old January 4th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"brenjj" wrote in message
oups.com...
We have a 5 month old male JRT who seems to have a bit of an aggressive
streak. He does not like to be disturbed when he is sleeping, and is
not fond of strangers. Does anyone have
any similar experiences with JRT's?

sorry there are sadly so many idiots in here. We recently adopted a 4 yr
old JRT, Willow, she was a big surprise to us as we were use to the much
mellower pomeranians.
Her first day with us, she attacked our dominant pom, Pepe. So we started
doing some very quick research on JRT's. They are very dominant dogs and it
is not suggested that you have more then one JRT at a time. They can be
trained, but it will take time and a lot of patience as they are also a bit
stubborn.
a good place to start is JRT Central
http://www.jack-russell.com/mainmenu.html and this page
http://www.terrier.com/breed/history.php3 gives you a good history and over
view of the breed.

good luck
they are great dogs, just very very energetic, intelligent, and easily
bored... a dangerous combination...

Davina

Old January 4th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Easy - look at any post you've written. There's so much evidence there
it's frightening...

Old January 4th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:39:10 -0900, Davina Stuart wrote:

Her first day with us, she attacked our dominant pom, Pepe. So we started
doing some very quick research on JRT's. They are very dominant dogs and it
is not suggested that you have more then one JRT at a time.

They aren't dominant, so much, as they are very rank conscious.

In a lot of breeds, many dogs don't give a rip about status.

Most JRTs do. They'll be the alpha, or they'll be beta behind a confident
alpha. They will _not_ be an omega.

--
Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without
bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not

Old January 5th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

jack russel terriors are just as the name says they are little
terrorists on wheels. little dogs who think they are pit bulls.