ILP Help?

Old January 4th 06, 07:12 AM
SunnyGirl SunnyGirl is offline
Junior Member

Location: Oregon
Send a message via AIM to SunnyGirl
Question ILP Help?

Hey, so I have a mini aussie and a sheltie mix that I want to ILP for AKC but since the fee for the ILP is now $35 and nonrefundable I want to get it as best I can... Does anyone have any tips for filling it out or taking pictures? the Mini Aussie is only just uner 14" but needs to look closer to 18... I would luv any help you can give me!!
Thanx!
Lindsey
Old January 10th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

Default ILP Help?

In article , SunnyGirl.213mn5
@dogbanter.com says...

--
SunnyGirl

doggie stilts?

sorry couldn't resist

good luck!
Old January 10th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

SunnyGirl said in
rec.pets.dogs.misc:

the Mini Aussie is only just uner 14" but needs to
look closer to 18...

Unless ILPing has different requirements, why do you need to
mislead? Have you read the Australian Shepherd standard as it
pertains to height?

Old January 10th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

"SunnyGirl" wrote in message

Hey, so I have a mini aussie and a sheltie mix that I want to ILP for
AKC but since the fee for the ILP is now $35 and nonrefundable I want
to get it as best I can... Does anyone have any tips for filling it out
or taking pictures? the Mini Aussie is only just uner 14" but needs to
look closer to 18... I would luv any help you can give me!!
Thanx!
Lindsey

Why do you want to ILP dogs that are not purebred dogs AKC registerable
breeds? While I understand the desire to do performance with mixes, there
are plenty of opportunities to do so in venues that do not require the dogs
to be purebred. Misuse of the ILP system can only cause harm, especially to
those who have dogs who are ILPed legitimately.

Christy

Old January 10th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

"Christy" said in
rec.pets.dogs.misc:

Why do you want to ILP dogs that are not purebred dogs AKC
registerable breeds?

Dang, somehow I missed that the OP said it was a mix. I just
focused on the "mini" Aussie part.

Old January 11th 06, 06:34 AM
SunnyGirl SunnyGirl is offline
Junior Member

Location: Oregon
Send a message via AIM to SunnyGirl

"Why do you want to ILP dogs that are not purebred dogs AKC registerable
breeds?"
I want to ILP my dogs so I can participate in the AKC trials held near me. I never see any other types of shows that have Rally/Obedience in them besides AKC. everyone that meets my shelties Mix thinks she is a purebred and take quite a bit of convincing that she is not. I dont see the problem with registering her at all. and for my mini, I am with many others in trying to get AKC to recognize them so why not start showing her and get her out there at the shows?
"Unless ILPing has different requirements, why do you need to
mislead? Have you read the Australian Shepherd standard as it
pertains to height?"
The standard for Aussie's is 18-21" and I think in order to get an ILP the dog should be near the height standards... I know misleading is bad and it will be obvious when I start showing she is no where near the standard size but how else can I get an ILP lol?
And the Mini is a purebred just not AKC recognized... The Sheltie is a Mix.

Lindsey
Old January 11th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

SunnyGirl said in
rec.pets.dogs.misc:

The standard for Aussie's is 18-21"

Not exactly. "Quality is not to be sacrificed in favor of
size." So, there is no strict height standard.

And the Mini is a purebred just not
AKC recognized.

It's recognised by ASCA and the AKC as an "Australian Shepherd."

Old January 12th 06, 05:09 AM
SunnyGirl SunnyGirl is offline
Junior Member

Location: Oregon
Send a message via AIM to SunnyGirl

good point for the heights, I just worry as I would prefer not to lose that 35$ lol but maybe Jazz is good enough quality size wont matter...