WTB: Sheltie N.CA or W.NV

Old January 4th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.misc

Default WTB: Sheltie N.CA or W.NV

Pixie, my friend and very faithful companion is no longer with me. She was
the fifth in a line of Shelties that go back almost forty years, and I don't
quite yet understand that she is gone.

But she is, and now comes the task of finding a companion. I'm not looking
for a show dog (been there, done that, got the ribbons, T-shirt and
negotiating the movie rights), just a good, solid friend. Maybe turn
her/him into a CD some day, but certainly not the show circuit again.

Puppy to teenager, it makes not a whit of difference. Male or female, no
difference. Not looking for breeding stock, so fertile or fixed, no
difference. Prick ears, gay tail, no big deal.

AKC, sable, friendly, active, healthy are on the list. Bad bite, hip
dysplacia, apple head, sway back, nasty temper are not.

Prefer Sacramento or Reno area, but anywhere within a day's drive of
Sacramento will do if necessary. If there is a better place to post this
question, please advise.

Regards,

Jim

Old January 4th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.misc

RST Engineering \(jw\) wrote:

Pixie, my friend and very faithful companion is no longer with me. She was
the fifth in a line of Shelties that go back almost forty years, and I don't
quite yet understand that she is gone.

I know how you feel :-(. My sympathy.

Prefer Sacramento or Reno area, but anywhere within a day's drive of
Sacramento will do if necessary.

You might try contacting the Sacramento Valley Shetland Sheepdog Club;
they have a web site at http://www.homestead.com/sheltieduz/svsschome.html .
There's also the Central valley Collie & Sheltie Rescue at
http://www.mlove.com/ .

HTH, and best of luck to you,

Dianne