mange and other problems??

Old March 4th 04, 07:19 PM
Julie

Default mange and other problems??

a small group of animal lovers have been traveling to Tijuana, Mexico
to help animals. We visit a ranch with 60 dogs or more that are in
horrible condition. Many of the dogs have sarcoptic mange. How can
this be treated? What medication or shampoo is needed? We are
planning to move all of the dogs to a new location as soon as our
sanctuary is ready. Meanwhile they are suffering and some of them
were so bad we put them to sleep. I brought one of the dogs home that
looked the best. She does have missing hair under her armpits only. I
put some gentamiacin ointment on the area since she has itched it so
bad its got scabs. She also has kennel cough and a runny nose. I
started her on antibiotics and gave her a bath. About one month ago we
also have her a shot of ivamectin. Now I have her home should I give
another shot and what else can I do? Can anyone give me a site where
I can order pet supplies like shampoo, eye wash ear cleaners ect. for
cheap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you Julie
Old March 4th 04, 10:04 PM
Carol Lee Smith

On 4 Mar 2004, Julie wrote:

a small group of animal lovers have been traveling to Tijuana, Mexico
to help animals.

Know anything about the meds available in Mexico for prevention of
heartworm?

Old March 9th 04, 05:48 PM
Dusti Fletcher

there are quite a few online sites where you can order meds and vaccines and
stuff..
as far as the mange goes you can use 2 doses of ivermec 2 weeks apart or you
can dip in a pyretherian base dip at least twice 10 days apart
with the ivermec you can do it by injection or orally and its usually 1/10
cc per 10 pounds of the 1% ivermec
www.revivalanimal.com that is a good place to start ordering from
if you I can be of further help please let me know
Dusti
email me at

om...