impacted anal glands

Old January 5th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default impacted anal glands

Anybody got any tips on the above subject, more on the natural remedy side
if possible ?

Old January 6th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

The remedy is to learn to squeeze them of take to the Vet...Check out
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_anal_sacs.html for all you ever wanted
to know about it...Good luck...GG

Old January 25th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"martin" wrote in message
Anybody got any tips on the above subject, more on the natural remedy
side if possible ?

While I agree that the site GG posted has some good info on it, I cannot
stress enough to "not try this at home", without getting one on one hands on
teaching of how to do this properly.
If you are just a bit off on the area, or push from a certain angle, or you
used too much force, you could really damage the dog's rectal area.

I had one vet recommend removal, and he did so, with no side effects, the
dog is almost 14, had it done at 2 or 3.
The other was really exressing alot himself, however that vet wouldn't
remove as it wasn't from impaction but from fear, he came to the vets from a
VERY abusive owner. Zack was 2 yo when we adopted him, at 32#, now at 80# is
lean and gorgeous. He had no hair on him and you could see every bone. He is
now 9 and is doing so well, I haven't had to express him for over 5 years or
so now. )

Good Luck,
MaryBeth

anal glands mike Dog health 7 January 25th 06 03:41 AM
anal glands kimberlycards Dog health 2 September 25th 03 10:19 AM
Expressing anal glands internally [email protected] Dog health 2 August 1st 03 06:17 AM