naming the puppy

Old January 6th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default naming the puppy

How many characters does AKC allow in aname again please?
I dont have the AI paperwork back yet, but am still trying to pick a name
for my puppy
Old January 6th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

diddy wrote:
How many characters does AKC allow in aname again please?
I dont have the AI paperwork back yet, but am still trying to pick a name
for my puppy

I think it's 25, and that includes spaces.

I tell you that after writing Cala's name on a bazillion agility entry
forms never again will I have such a long name (BJF O'er The Hills N Far
Away). Puppy is going to be Regatta It's About Time--much shorter! Much
easier!
Old January 6th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Robin Nuttall composed these thoughts and posted
themnews:mVwvf.469350$084.32860@attbi_s22:

diddy wrote:
How many characters does AKC allow in aname again please?
I dont have the AI paperwork back yet, but am still trying to pick a
name for my puppy

I think it's 25, and that includes spaces.

I tell you that after writing Cala's name on a bazillion agility entry
forms never again will I have such a long name (BJF O'er The Hills N
Far Away). Puppy is going to be Regatta It's About Time--much shorter!
Much easier!

I agree, brevity is good.
Unfortunately the breeders kennel name is huge. Since she gave me the
puppy, because she knows i will promote her kennel name. Leaving off the
offending name is not an option.
Old January 6th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:36:35 -0500, diddy none wrote:

I agree, brevity is good.
Unfortunately the breeders kennel name is huge. Since she gave me the
puppy, because she knows i will promote her kennel name. Leaving off the
offending name is not an option.

Get a rubber stamp with the name on it. Congrats on your pup, Diddy.

Mustang Sally

Old January 6th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"diddy" none wrote in message
.. .
How many characters does AKC allow in aname again please?
I dont have the AI paperwork back yet, but am still trying to pick a name
for my puppy

There has been a recent discussion in a schnauzer group about this. It
appears that AKC is allowing more letters than they used to. How many is
unclear. The old number appears to have been 25. Then other people claimed
it was now 30.

One guy said that he recently did an on-line registration that accepted 36
letters (including spaces). He didn't know if it would have accepted more
but that it went through just fine with 36. And that he had recently done
an AKC registration of a foreign dog that was 35 letters and spaces - and
that was *not* done on-line.

I'm with Robin - the less writing I have to do on entries, the better.

~~Judy

Old January 6th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

sighthounds & siberians composed these thoughts and posted
m:

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:36:35 -0500, diddy none wrote:

I agree, brevity is good.
Unfortunately the breeders kennel name is huge. Since she gave me the
puppy, because she knows i will promote her kennel name. Leaving off

the
offending name is not an option.

Get a rubber stamp with the name on it. Congrats on your pup, Diddy.

Mustang Sally

thank you. Fortunately most online entries hold the name in the database,
so I only need to type it once
Old January 6th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Judy" composed these thoughts and posted
:

"diddy" none wrote in message
.. .
How many characters does AKC allow in aname again please?
I dont have the AI paperwork back yet, but am still trying to pick a
name for my puppy

There has been a recent discussion in a schnauzer group about this.
It appears that AKC is allowing more letters than they used to. How
many is unclear. The old number appears to have been 25. Then other
people claimed it was now 30.

One guy said that he recently did an on-line registration that
accepted 36 letters (including spaces). He didn't know if it would
have accepted more but that it went through just fine with 36. And
that he had recently done an AKC registration of a foreign dog that
was 35 letters and spaces - and that was *not* done on-line.

I'm with Robin - the less writing I have to do on entries, the better.

~~Judy

Thank you. I guess I'll wait until the applications arrive