Judging Matt Redux

Old January 12th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Judging Matt Redux

Well, I passed the Agility Association of Canada masters judging
requirements, so I'll now get to design and judge really cool
(and perhaps difficult) agility courses.

The downside is that I'll probably have to travel more widely
than I did as an advanced judge, leaving my dogs behind. We get
into the sport for our dogs and then we leave our dogs behind
for the sport. It's time to search out a new balance.

Old January 12th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Well, I passed the Agility Association of Canada masters judging
requirements, so I'll now get to design and judge really cool
(and perhaps difficult) agility courses.

Congrats, that's exciting!

The downside is that I'll probably have to travel more widely
than I did as an advanced judge, leaving my dogs behind. We get
into the sport for our dogs and then we leave our dogs behind
for the sport. It's time to search out a new balance.

That stinks, hopefully you'll figure something out.

Old January 12th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Rocky" wrote in message
Well, I passed the Agility Association of Canada masters

judging
requirements, so I'll now get to design and judge really

cool
(and perhaps difficult) agility courses.

The downside is that I'll probably have to travel more

widely
than I did as an advanced judge, leaving my dogs behind.

We get
into the sport for our dogs and then we leave our dogs

behind
for the sport. It's time to search out a new balance.

Awesome! Well done-.
Alison

Old January 12th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Rocky" wrote in message:

Well, I passed the Agility Association of Canada masters judging
requirements, so I'll now get to design and judge really cool
(and perhaps difficult) agility courses.

Congratulations!

The downside is that I'll probably have to travel more widely
than I did as an advanced judge, leaving my dogs behind.

Well, that sucks. Is it mandatory for you to do X number of trials or
something?

Suja

Old January 12th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Suja" said in
rec.pets.dogs.activities:

The downside is that I'll probably have to travel more
widely than I did as an advanced judge, leaving my dogs
behind.

Well, that sucks. Is it mandatory for you to do X number
of trials or something?

It's unoffically manadatory. If you turn down too many
assignments, you'll stop being asked. I'll accept as many as
possible in western Canada (3 to 12 hour drive) so that I can
take my dogs.

With trials involving flights, I'll try to take one dog with me
- probably Friday.

Old January 12th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Rocky wrote in
:

With trials involving flights, I'll try to take one dog with me
- probably Friday.

Looks at spare futon in basement...

If you ever end up judging one in Ottawa/Gatineau or the immediate area,
there will be room for you in the basement and home-cooked meals.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old January 12th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Rocky wrote in
:

Well, I passed the Agility Association of Canada masters judging
requirements, so I'll now get to design and judge really cool
(and perhaps difficult) agility courses.

Congrats Matt!! That is really cool.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old January 12th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Marcel Beaudoin said in
rec.pets.dogs.activities:

If you ever end up judging one in Ottawa/Gatineau or the
immediate area, there will be room for you in the basement
and home-cooked meals.

Thanks for the offer! Agility hours aren't really simpatico
with most average family weekend meal and sleep hours, though.

Old January 12th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Rocky wrote in
:

Marcel Beaudoin said in
rec.pets.dogs.activities:

If you ever end up judging one in Ottawa/Gatineau or the
immediate area, there will be room for you in the basement
and home-cooked meals.

Thanks for the offer! Agility hours aren't really simpatico
with most average family weekend meal and sleep hours, though.

The meal hours can be fixed with a microwave, and having a baby in the
house doesn't really make for normal eating/sleeping hours anyways.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old January 13th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 12 Jan 2006 17:20:00 GMT, Rocky wrote:

Well, I passed the Agility Association of Canada masters judging
requirements, so I'll now get to design and judge really cool
(and perhaps difficult) agility courses.

woo-hoo!

The downside is that I'll probably have to travel more widely
than I did as an advanced judge, leaving my dogs behind.

the gout, too, hopefully.

We get
into the sport for our dogs and then we leave our dogs behind
for the sport. It's time to search out a new balance.

alas, many occupations/hobbies are like that.

--
shelly http://www.cat-sidh.net

The color of the object illuminated partakes of the color of that which
illuminates it.
-- Leonardo da Vinci

Oh Matt... Rocky Dog behavior 14 April 25th 05 04:55 PM
Ping Matt Manadero Dog behavior 6 January 27th 05 03:43 PM
Ping: Kate & Matt (BC listers) Shelly & The Boys Dog behavior 6 November 2nd 04 04:50 PM
Ping Matt again Rocky Dog behavior 5 September 4th 04 05:10 AM
Merry Christmas, Matt! Tricia9999 Dog behavior 19 December 27th 03 05:06 PM