German Shepherd wanted

Old August 7th 03, 04:27 PM
John

Default German Shepherd wanted

Looking for large bone, purebred, GSD in the St. Louis Mo area. - no color
preference.

Male or female - pup to 1 year... Prefer AKC with papers but it's not
absolutely necessary.

Thanks,

John

remove (nospam) to reply

Old August 7th 03, 05:26 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"John" wrote in
.net:

Looking for large bone, purebred, GSD in the St. Louis Mo area. - no
color preference.

Male or female - pup to 1 year... Prefer AKC with papers but it's not
absolutely necessary.

www.petfinder.org. Do a search for German Shepherd Dog, by my search,
there are 53 ready to be adopted.

Also try the following:

Google Search for: GSD rescue St Louis
http://tinyurl.com/jb9d
or
http://www.google.ca/search?q=GSD+re...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Here are a couple of results:
http://www.stlouisgermanshepherds.org/
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/MO85.html

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'If it's not fun, you're doing
something wrong.'

Old August 7th 03, 05:38 PM
John

I'd prefer a private party sale - had considered those options...thanks.

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"John" wrote in
.net:

Old August 7th 03, 05:49 PM
Suja

John wrote:

I'd prefer a private party sale - had considered those options...thanks.

In that case, you'd need to find out how to go about finding responsible
breeders who do all the health testing necessary to make sure that the
dogs they breed are as healthy as can be. If you are going to pay a
good sum of money for a dog, you might as well make sure that it is
going to be a healthy, stable, companion. Some very good advice he
http://www.dog-play.com/ethics.html

Suja

Old August 7th 03, 05:50 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"John" wrote in news:CgvYa.109$H4.6403
@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net:

I'd prefer a private party sale - had considered those options...thanks.

Than your best bet would be to go through the German Shepherd Dog Club of
America (http://www.gsdca.org/) and get a list of breeders in your area.

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'If it's not fun, you're doing
something wrong.'

Old August 7th 03, 09:11 PM
Christy

"John" wrote in message
k.net...
I'd prefer a private party sale - had considered those options...thanks.

Unless you're buying from a responsible breeder, there is little difference
in dogs between the ones owned by someone who gives them up at the shelter
and the ones owned by someone who sells them in the paper. All of the dogs
will likely have little socialization and training, and the ones that you
find through a reliable rescue group will have been evaluated and may even
have some training started.

Christy

Old August 9th 03, 07:43 AM
Lynn K.

"Christy" wrote in message ...
"John" wrote in message

All of the dogs
will likely have little socialization and training, and the ones that you
find through a reliable rescue group will have been evaluated and may even
have some training started.

I can't speak for GSD Rescue in the St. Louis area, but all of the
dogs in our GSD Rescue program have basic training and house manners.
We take pains to introduce them to situations they are likely to
encounter in a family home and be very candid about their strengths
and weaknesses. We want no suprises in their behavior in a new home.

Lynn K.
http://www.savegsd.org
Old August 11th 03, 05:32 PM
Nomdeplume

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:27:23 GMT, "John" wrote:

Hey John

I can sympathize with your attitude toward those rescues. Mamy, if
not most of the people involved are overly controlling and might well
steer you toward a dog they've been itching to get rid of, rather than
one you are attracted to. (It has happened )

OTOH, I find Germ. Shep rescuers to be better grounded than most, and
I recently adopted a fanstastic GSD girl from a rescue, AND managed to
make friends of the woman doing the rescue. What a pleasant change!

I dearly love my new girl, and she is everything I hoped for in a dog,
and she is an owner turn in. Having recently had a very very bad
experience with another herding breed (also an owner turn in) , this
girl is a breath of fresh air.

Sara