Robin and Cala - online video

Old January 14th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Robin and Cala - online video

[]
Remembering that Cala struts her stuff on TV sometime
tomorrow but not sure when or where, I started looking for
broadcast information and also found video (pretty high
quality, at that) at
http://events.purina.com/dogs/events/idcwest2005/

Loved the way Cala just took care of business. That looked
like an awful lot of lateral flex through the spine - really
flexible dog.

Attacking Bushonomics is too easy, like shooting a lame duck
-- Sebastian Mallaby
Old January 14th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
[]
Remembering that Cala struts her stuff on TV sometime
tomorrow but not sure when or where, I started looking for
broadcast information and also found video (pretty high
quality, at that) at
http://events.purina.com/dogs/events/idcwest2005/

WOW!!!! What a great video! I plan to watch it on TV tomorrow (NBC at
12:30PM eastern) but it was great to watch it today too!

Great job Cala and Robin!

~~Judy

Old January 14th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Melinda Shore wrote:

Loved the way Cala just took care of business. That looked
like an awful lot of lateral flex through the spine - really
flexible dog.

I loved the way she never put a foot down wrong. What a dog!
Great job, Robin.

Dianne
Old January 14th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

(Melinda Shore) said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

http://events.purina.com/dogs/events/idcwest2005/

That was awesome.

Old January 14th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

--

Robin and Cala--- that was just amazing! great job to both of you!

ps: cala is beautiful, great looking dog

Old January 14th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

MauiJNP wrote:

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message

[]
Remembering that Cala struts her stuff on TV sometime
tomorrow but not sure when or where, I started looking for
broadcast information and also found video (pretty high
quality, at that) at
http://events.purina.com/dogs/events/idcwest2005/

Loved the way Cala just took care of business. That looked
like an awful lot of lateral flex through the spine - really
flexible dog.
--

Robin and Cala--- that was just amazing! great job to both of you!

ps: cala is beautiful, great looking dog

Thanks guys. She worked really hard. I'm especially proud that she did
the last set with as much drive as the first, especially with the
extreme heat. You can hear her barking down the line in the finals. She
was a very, very good girl.
Old January 15th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
[]
Remembering that Cala struts her stuff on TV sometime
tomorrow but not sure when or where, I started looking for
broadcast information and also found video (pretty high
quality, at that) at
http://events.purina.com/dogs/events/idcwest2005/

Loved the way Cala just took care of business. That looked
like an awful lot of lateral flex through the spine - really
flexible dog.
--

Thanks for the link. I watched it several times and - WOW - Cala's
performance is just incredible. In fact it didn't even look real - how can a

And it's nice to see and hear Robin and her comments at the end. What a
beautiful dog and such a lovely strong bond between Robin & Cala.

Chris and her smoothies
Pablo and Lucy

Old January 15th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
Loved the way Cala just took care of business. That looked
like an awful lot of lateral flex through the spine - really
flexible dog.

Whoo-hoo!!! That was pretty cool!

And Robin, DH wants you to weave pole train his next dog.

DH asked - and I realized I didn't know - how long have you been doing
agility? I figured at least back through Viva but were there dogs before
her?

That must have been one incredible day!

~~Judy

Old January 15th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Judy wrote:
"Melinda Shore" wrote in message

And Robin, DH wants you to weave pole train his next dog.

I use channels. I've just found that channels imprint speed first, then
add the shoving poles out of the way. And I train in very short bursts
of very high intensity. It's *always* a game, you NEVER correct your dog
or say no. It takes a dog time to figure out what you want and doing
something wrong while trying is just part of the game of "do this and
you get this fun toy and game." I also don't always have to end on a
high note--if things aren't going well I either make it way easier or
just quit for the day. No training sessions longer than 5-10 minutes.
And I wasn't kidding, Cala saw 24 poles two times before that
competition. I had no clue if she'd do 60.

DH asked - and I realized I didn't know - how long have you been doing
agility? I figured at least back through Viva but were there dogs before
her?

Nope. Viva is my first agility dog. I've been training since the fall of
1999.