Benched show question for breed ring folks

Old January 15th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Benched show question for breed ring folks

Try stationing your folks on the way to/from the exercise/relief areas,
particularly pre-show and around the lunch break with flyers that have info
about the project & directing them to the booth for more info. (Or place
sandwich boards/easel signs there)

"Melanie L Chang" wrote in message
My project is going to have an info booth at the Golden Gate Kennel Club
dog show at the end of January. We're trying to figure out the times of
day that exhibitors (not general public) are most likely to be coming by
to check out the booth, so that we can have the maximum number of people
there to answer questions and hand things out.

I know there aren't many benched shows left, but if you've ever shown at
one, when do you think you'd be most likely (and most receptive)? I've
been to the Philly show several times, and it seems like fatigue/boredom
sets in during the afternoons. That would be when I'd be likely to
wander if it were me, but that's also when the general public crowds are
there and I'd be unlikely to want to leave my dogs.

What do you think?

Thanks, M

--
Melanie Lee Chang *