Arthritic Rott-Shep

Old January 16th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Arthritic Rott-Shep

I've put a link below - but in case it doesn't work, simple go to
www.hillspet.com and look for Prescription Diet j/d. This is a
completely new method of treating arthritis. The extremely high levels
of Omgea 3's and an inverse Omega 3 : Omega 6 ratio are part of the
methodolgy. The food forces change in the genetic expression of
inflammatory maediators in the joint and shuts the process down.

http://www.hillspet.com/zSkin_2/_ref...bmLocale=en_GB

Old January 16th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article .com,
Steve Crane wrote:
I've put a link below - but in case it doesn't work, simple go to
www.hillspet.com and look for Prescription Diet j/d.

This is an excellent example of unethical business behavior.

Steve, if you were an upstanding guy you'd include a
disclaimer that you work for the company when you post
pointers to your products. You're not just some customer -
they pay your salary. How hard is it, really, to include
"Disclaimer: I work for Hills" when you post about your
products?

Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community.
Old January 17th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article .com,
Steve Crane wrote:
I've put a link below - but in case it doesn't work, simple go to
www.hillspet.com and look for Prescription Diet j/d.

This is an excellent example of unethical business behavior.

Steve, if you were an upstanding guy you'd include a
disclaimer that you work for the company when you post
pointers to your products. You're not just some customer -
they pay your salary. How hard is it, really, to include
"Disclaimer: I work for Hills" when you post about your
products?

Melinda - I post about once a month or so and make the usual legal
disclaimer. Most on the website know who I work for as I have never
hidden that fact from anyone. As I have often commented before - and
I'm sure you will recall - what I post here are my personal opinions -
not those of the company I work for. Posting on the NG's is not in my
job description anywhere. As I have noted before - if I list my
employment after every post, then it would be, could be, construed as
being the opinion / position of the company I work for - which it
isn't.

The OP asked for a non drug method of treating arthritis. What other
proven non drug method are you aware of that has clinical trials to
prove it works? To my knowledge there is no other non drug proven
treatment for arthritis in dogs that shuts down the inflammatory
process.

The disclaimer - While I have been employed by Hill's Pet Nutrition for
over 20 years, anything I post here is my opinion, and my opinion alone
and should never be construed as the position or opinion of the company
I work for.

Now Melinda - who is you work for now?

Old January 17th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article . com,
Steve Crane wrote:
Melinda - I post about once a month or so and make the usual legal
disclaimer. Most on the website know who I work for as I have never
hidden that fact from anyone.

What website? This Usenet newsgroup?

Newbies come through here all the time, and frankly, you're
not that memorable (for a long time I had a hard time
telling you and WalterNY apart - I knew you disagreed but I
couldn't remember which was which).

It's ethical business practice to disclose. It's also not
that much effort. You posted here for years before it came
out that you work for Hills. You almost always fail to
disclose when you discuss your products even now. You could
clean up your act, or not - your choice.

Now Melinda - who is you work for now?

If I were talking about network equipment you'd know because
I'd tell you. It would be a firing offense not to - my
employer cares about business ethics and actively works at
not being exposed to accusations of unethical business
practice. You probably own our stock, if not directly then
through mutual funds or a 401K, and you should be happy that
our management is as diligent about ethics as it is. It
makes our stock more valuable, since it reduces our exposure
to lawsuits and criminal charges. I wonder about a company
that is not diligent about ethical behavior by its staff.

Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community.
Old January 18th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article . com,
Steve Crane wrote:
Melinda - I post about once a month or so and make the usual legal
disclaimer. Most on the website know who I work for as I have never
hidden that fact from anyone.

You posted here for years before it came out that you work for Hills.

That is simply false nonsense. You must have me confused *again* with
someone else.

You almost always fail to disclose when you discuss your products even now. You
could clean up your act, or not - your choice.

Sigh - No Melinda it is NOT my choice. As I commented before, but will
repeat again - if I were to append my employment to every post I make,
it would then be presumed that I was expressing the opinion or point of
view of the company I work for - which I am not. Any comments I make
here are my opinions and my opinions alone.

Old January 18th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article . com,
Steve Crane wrote:
Sigh - No Melinda it is NOT my choice. As I commented before, but will
repeat again - if I were to append my employment to every post I make,
it would then be presumed that I was expressing the opinion or point of
view of the company I work for - which I am not. Any comments I make
here are my opinions and my opinions alone.

The way grown-ups handle it is that they say precisely that.
"I work for Hills but the opinions expressed here are my
own." The last few years I posted from a work account I
included a disclaimer just like that in my .sig.

I'm frequently surprised by how loose a grasp many people
have on business ethics, and this is one of those cases.
You work for Hills and you're recommending Hills products
while failing to disclose that you work for Hills. At a
company that gave a rat's ass about ethics you'd be fired on
the sport and escorted out the door by security personnel.
But a company that gave a rat's ass about their products
wouldn't hire someone innumerate to evaluate the research
literature, and if they don't care about their products then
they don't care about much.

An economy that doesn't distribute its gains widely
is "poorly performing" -- Robert Solow
Old January 20th 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Steve,

Does this inverse ratio of omega 3's to omega 6's help human's arthritis
too? What about just adding more fish oil with high omega 3 to your
dog's food?

Old January 20th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

wrote in message
Does this inverse ratio of omega 3's to omega 6's help human's arthritis
too?

.........the thing to remember is that omega 3s are shuffled through the same
metabolic pathway as the 6's and 9s. If 3s are present they are used
preferentially - or first.

What about just adding more fish oil with high omega 3 to your
dog's food?

........that works too.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old January 20th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:38:21 -0700, wrote:

Steve,

Does this inverse ratio of omega 3's to omega 6's help human's arthritis
too?

first, you're replying to me, and my name is not Steve. second, what on
earth makes you think he's any sort of expert in human nutrition?

boggle

http://www.cat-sidh.net

We can't all, and some just don't. That's all there is to it.
-- A.A. Milne

Portable Steps for Older Arthritic Dogs? Cathy Dogs - general 0 December 27th 05 05:23 PM
UK arthritic dogs and cats raine.l Dog health 0 March 15th 04 12:18 PM
Rott ear infection ??? JR Dog health 10 October 5th 03 04:54 AM
Rott ear infection ??? JR Dog health 0 October 3rd 03 08:22 PM
rott pup or young adult Sally Tisdale Dog breeds 1 July 18th 03 02:09 PM