Arthritic Rott-Shep

Old January 16th 06, 11:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Arthritic Rott-Shep

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:23:51 GMT, Monroe wrote:

After many years, one of my "pups" is showing signs of increasing
arthritis and hip dysplasia. She's 10 years old, and has been
treated for Addisons' disease since six months of age. She's been on a
very low but consistent dosage of both prednisone and florinef since
that time (the dosage reduced slightly over time). As of late, the
skeletal/muscular problems have been getting more severe. But one
incredibly tough dog who's going to be around much longer than all had
anticipated.

Rather than seek opinions, I'm seeking out links to good sites for
arthritis/joint problems and treatments. I'm wanting to see what the
current status of this situation is.

thanks

We've had very good results with our 7 yr old Lab on Celadrin. It's
OTC - not horribly expensive and has given relief when
glucosamine/chondroitin/msm didn't. Keeping his weight under control
and making sure he gets controlled, sustained exercise (i.e. walking
on a leash) has also helped.

http://www.celadrin.com/

Not a whole lot of info about use on dogs out there - i can just give
you my own experience and hope that it helps you.

Portable Steps for Older Arthritic Dogs? Cathy Dog health 0 December 27th 05 05:23 PM
UK arthritic dogs and cats raine.l Dog health 0 March 15th 04 12:18 PM
Rott ear infection ??? JR Dog health 10 October 5th 03 04:54 AM
Rott ear infection ??? JR Dog health 0 October 3rd 03 08:22 PM
rott pup or young adult Sally Tisdale Dog breeds 1 July 18th 03 02:09 PM