West highland Terrier (loose Stools)

Old January 16th 06, 12:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default West highland Terrier (loose Stools)

Hi
My West highland terrier goes to the toilet fine in my back garden, but as
soon as I have him on his lead and take him out he goes as often as every 20
paces, at 1st his stools are firm but the more he goes the looses they
become until it nearly coloured water.

Any suggestions as I love to take him out but cleaning him up after is a put
off.
Regards
Craig

Old January 16th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:24:58 GMT, "craig"
, clicked their heels and said:

Any suggestions as I love to take him out but cleaning him up after is a put
off.

have him eliminate in your yard/garden first. The a bit of play,
followed by the walk. He will have: eliminated appropriately in a
location you can clean more effectively; eliminated in a form more
easily cleaned; destressed a bit with play. Then, make your walk a
little more interactive and don't stop.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com