Painkiller for bone cancer in development

Old January 18th 06, 01:14 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Painkiller for bone cancer in development

http://fullcoverage.yahoo.com/s/ap/2...ain_new_target
*WASHINGTON - The dog hopped on three legs, pain from bone cancer so bad
that he wouldn't let his afflicted fourth paw touch the floor. His owner was
bracing for euthanasia when scientists offered a novel experiment: They
injected a fiery sap from a Moroccan plant into Scooter's spinal column
and the dog frolicked on all fours again for several months....*

........I found over 400 citations in PubMed for resiniferatoxin, going back
to 1989. Let's hope they've been playing with it long enough to allow dogs
some pain relief _now_ for humanitarian reasons.

Old January 21st 06, 04:23 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health

This is Daisy's Mom...the dog with Cancer. I happened on this note and
would like an explanation of what might help Daisy. I found another
lump just now. Recal she had biopsy adn it is aggressive carsinoma
behind and above one eye. Foudn the lump back a bit farther toward
collar on head....Hopeing to know when to Euthanize!!!!!!!
When she is in pain. Thanks Bug Lady for all the help and support...
Wondering why called Buglady?? Julia Ann

Old January 21st 06, 11:59 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health

"Julia Ann" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is Daisy's Mom...the dog with Cancer. I happened on this note and
would like an explanation of what might help Daisy. I found another
lump just now. Recal she had biopsy adn it is aggressive carsinoma
behind and above one eye. Foudn the lump back a bit farther toward
collar on head....Hopeing to know when to Euthanize!!!!!!!

.......did you get something for pain?

Old January 22nd 06, 12:07 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health

Yes we did. We have to get more on Monday.
She doesnt look so good....Julia Ann

Old January 22nd 06, 10:55 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health

"Julia Ann" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes we did. We have to get more on Monday.
She doesnt look so good....Julia Ann

...........if she's obviously miserable despite pain killers, then it may be
time. I know it's a hard decision, but one that most of us have had to
make.

Old January 28th 06, 02:50 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health

I became very sick on last Sunday eve. I woke up dizzy. I sat in the
recliner and could not move from dizziness and nausea. (I rarely get
sick and havent have that sort of flu since I was 7) From 1:00 a.m. to
5:00 a.m. I sat as still as possible. The thougth kept coming to
me...."What if Daisy feels this way? What if even ONE DAY she feels
this way?" It was over and over in my half dazed sleep and sickness.
I fell asleep and when I awoke I looked at her. Her eyes were sad and
I made the decision to put her down the following day. We talked and
prayed allot on the way. I sang to her. I loved her. I prayed for ME
to not fall apart. I prayed for grace. We got there and walked around
the yard so she coudl poddie. We walked in. I cried and asked for a
room quickly. Then her and I sat and I took her collar off and
scratched her neck adn talked to her. She was sooooo peaceful and so
was I. The doc came in and we all sat on the floor. Daisy was calm
and laid her head on my leg. She knew. And she let me know she had
peace. The transferance of her pain to me the day before let me know
what to do. Then a day later on my courier route I saw her floating.
I prayed hard cause I feared she was lost. Then peace came again and
since then I have had two days of her near me letting me know she is
fine. That is what I needed to see. I have faith but guess like
most.....sure loved the sign from my old friend Daisy. Wish I could
send you a pic bug lady....thanks for the support. Your a good
person....Julia Ann

Old January 28th 06, 11:39 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health

wrote in message
oups.com...
I became very sick on last Sunday eve The thougth kept coming to
me...."What if Daisy feels this way? What if even ONE DAY she feels
this way?" It was over and over in my half dazed sleep and sickness.
I fell asleep and when I awoke I looked at her. Her eyes were sad and
I made the decision to put her down the following day. We talked and
prayed allot on the way. I sang to her. I loved her. I prayed for ME
to not fall apart. I prayed for grace. We got there and walked around
the yard so she coudl poddie. We walked in. I cried and asked for a
room quickly. Then her and I sat and I took her collar off and
scratched her neck adn talked to her. She was sooooo peaceful and so
was I. The doc came in and we all sat on the floor. Daisy was calm
and laid her head on my leg. She knew. And she let me know she had
peace. The transferance of her pain to me the day before let me know
what to do.

...........I so sorry Julia. Over and over we tell people that one day you
will just KNOW it is time. People never can quite believe it (I didn't
either) but even if you've never had to face this heart wrenching decision
before, it always is true - you'll know when it's time.

..........May you take comfort from your memories and the bond you had with
your friend.

my condolences