a taste of a bored Rudy

Old January 20th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default a taste of a bored Rudy

Well, I'm getting a little preview of Rudy without the hard play with
another dog.

Franklin had a lump removed from his face yesterday (5 days for biopsy
results - meaning 5 sleepless nights......) and wasn't home from 1-8.
Rudy didn't know what to do with himself, and Lucy wasn't helping him
out.

Once Franklin got home last night, all Rudy wanted to do was lick his
incision. So, Rudy was on leash and finally settled down on the sofa,
but it took some real persistence. Franklin was pretty groggy from
the anesthesia, so he wasn't exactly a playmate (not to mention I
need to make sure his incision doesn't get bashed open - it's right
next to his eye).

This morning, Franklin is more mobile, but still tired from his
ordeal. Rudy, for the first time since he's been here (almost 5 weeks
already!) has been having FRAP sessions. Both yesterday and today, he
has been trying to engage the cats in play, and they're not impressed.
Good thing I have double-faced tape under my rugs, or they'd be
flying. He's up the stairs, down the stairs, up/down, up/down, step
on Lucy when he comes when called - ahhhhhhhhhhh!

We'll be having some concentrated fetch sessions today, even if it
means the end of grass as I know it (the mud in the yard means dogs
running and turning jusy slough the grass off). Yet another thing to
continue to make me aware that Rudy needs the perfect home.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old January 22nd 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

We'll be having some concentrated fetch sessions today,

Lucky you! In my next life, I plan to have a retriever of some sort. I
love playing fetch and Maui never really liked it. I think after I throw
the ball, he'd just as well have me run to get it. I am trying to teach
Cali to play fetch but after 5-10 throws, she gets tired of it. When my
sister's dog (a weim) lived here, he and I would play fetch outside several
times a day. It was great!

Old January 22nd 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:31:39 -0500, "MauiJNP" ,
clicked their heels and said:

Lucky you! In my next life, I plan to have a retriever of some sort. I
love playing fetch and Maui never really liked it. I think after I throw
the ball, he'd just as well have me run to get it. I am trying to teach
Cali to play fetch but after 5-10 throws, she gets tired of it. When my
sister's dog (a weim) lived here, he and I would play fetch outside several
times a day. It was great!

It's the ultimate interactive exercise you can do anywhere, with
minimal equipment.

The Rudy diaries Janet B Dog breeds 5 January 27th 06 09:55 PM
Rudy the Golden puppy photos Janet B Dog breeds 19 December 28th 05 04:18 PM
Mini Doxies Getting Lonely and/or Bored? [email protected] Dog behavior 3 November 22nd 05 09:43 PM
Dog's taste buds Kenneth Leja Dogs - general 8 November 29th 03 04:17 AM
See Rudy Run Rich Dogs - general 0 July 23rd 03 08:29 PM